Has anyone

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kya D

Planted the Memorial Day potted mums in there yard???? I was given about a dozen pots of em and have never tried planting them
Any help would be wonderful

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mums do well, often they will bloom in the spring and in the fall. Don't think yours will make it through your cold winter.

Kya D

You know I have had them winter over but our season is so short that I have never had them bloom they get tons of buds but freeze before they bloom.
I just am not sure whether those potted ones will make it. Or how to plant them to give them the best chance.
Cushion mums do great here

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have planted them in the ground and they come back every yr and I'm in zone 5.
I pinch them back until July 4th or so and stop and they do well for me.
I bought mine at Walmart a few falls ago for $1 I think it was

Melissa

I found that not cutting them back until spring helps...they don't like the snow and by leaving the old woody stems...helps keep the snow off...plus I mulch mine heavily...Good Luck Dawn!!!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com