Howdy from Texas!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

thirdcoasttx

Hello all I am a 28 year old man from south Texas and have absolutely zero experience in gardening. I have always thought about growing my own jalapeños but was recently introduced to the ghost pepper, and now I have to grow them. I live in a townhome so I will be doing container gardening. Any way I hope to learn as much as possible and look forward to one day being able to contribute information here!

Welcome to our garden!!!!!!
I don't grow HOT peppers but I am sure someone here can help you out.

Those are too hot for my palate but they should grow like any other pepper. I remember seeing some peppers being grown indoors in containers in Alaska. They weren't faring as well as peppers planted in the ground with good soil and adequate sun, but they were producing peppers. I use some containers myself that are made from wine barrels that are cut in half. They hold approximately 25 gallons of soil thus are quite heavy. They should be able to handle a couple of pepper plants though. If you do have some ground to use at your townhouse though, that would be better.

From what I have gathered ghost peppers need temps between 80 and 95 degrees and a lot of humidity. Where I'm from that is normal we usually don't get our first cold front until mid to late December. I'm gonna start them indoors and eventually move them to containers outside. We will see what happens.

Hey welcome to the forum. I grow some chillis myself, have you tried the Trinidad scorpion pepper, by any chance? It's quite a warm one I guarantee it lol!

Hey welcome to the forum. I grow some chillis myself, have you tried the Trinidad scorpion pepper, by any chance? It's quite a warm one I guarantee it lol!

This is my fits attempt at growing peppers I would love to try the Trinidad scorpion but I've been reading about a new one called the Carolina reaper I'm gonna order some seeds tomorrow

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back