Miracle grow question???

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Dale, Thanks! We get a lot of worm castings here. Which is awesome but If I could get something by the truck load I would just be beside myself. I have a horse farm down the road and get stall muck from him about once a year.

Gardenbear & Sunflower,
Yep compost is really a chore. I have a 3 gal bucket with a lid I keep under my sink for easy compost dumping. I wash the bucket each time so it won't smell. But you are right it's a lot of baby sitting.

I have some veggies in the frigde I need to get out and blend for my worms but I have felt so terrible for the last 1 1/2 weeks. I just haven't had the strength. I mashed a ripe banana and fed 1/4 to them a couple days ago.

I am going to get out and drill holes in my plastic garbage can that I am using for a compost bin this morning if I can just feel ok for an hour. Composting is a chore. I need a bucket with a lid to keep in the kitchen for my kitchen waste. We throw away good stuff that we shouldn't.

I have a kitty litter bucket that i washed out and use to put my stuff in over the winter if i can't get it out to my pile. i also have a coffee can on my counter that i put my stuff in, i wash it out each time and it never smells
my mom also uses a kitty litter bucket and when it full my dad brings it down and puts it on my pile, now if i could get my sil and brother to save all theirs for my pile, i would have alot more and it does cut down the amount of trash that i have

Great idea ladies. I have coffee cans with lids. I didn;t get around to drilling the holes in my plastic garbage can yesterday. I did get to plant most of my new daylilies though. My son is here from out of town so I will get the drill out for him to do that for me.

Thanks for the tip. I will give my daughbor a can and tape veggies and fruit only please on it.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back