My banana project

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

It's MY THREAD, I started it and it can be anything I want it to be. Now it's the "My Banana Project & Who Robbed My Friend" thread!

Since you reported it to the police they can't make you pay for the charges on the credit cards. Dunno about bank accounts though. :( Did you have any insurance? I only have a Sony Cybershot camera but if anyone took that I'd prolly cry. :( I hope you can get another camera or maybe someone will give you one. <3 <3
I wish I was there now with my bat. and my gun. Maybe you should put bars on your windows and doors. We've never been robbed here but I don't know how much crime there is in Maryland. I has hurt. I can't believe someone robbed the most awesome friend I ever had online. :( They needa be shot and stood up and shot again!
I can't stop thinking about this. You will def be in my prayers and I hope they find your stuff and put them in prison forever!

EDIT: I just talked to someone who knows about this stuff. I know you reported it to the police but did you report it to the bank and the credit card companies? That has to be done too. It could take months but you can get your money back at the bank. :)
Oh and never tell any shop owners that it's your responsibility. He said they'll try that too cause if you say it's your fault they can collect from you. I'm at your back. :) -Josh

I'll watch for pics and stuff from you guyz. :) I will NOT try to grow bananas this year with this epic heat we've been having. They'd just die.

I have the silliest banana tree. She lives in the living room. She seems to be happy where she is so...I'm not moving her. Her name is Louise. You have to name your plants. That is just an opinion. Curbz

Here's one of them. She is covered in about a foot of water. This picture was at low tide it gets much worse when high tide hits. I think my babies aren't going to survive the water. They already look rotten and mushy. :(

Attachments

• nanna (530x800).jpg
    nanna (530x800).jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 314
You have WAY more leaves on yours than I do. Mine is tall and skinny. (Josh, please don't ask what type it is b/c it's the tall,skinny type :) ) Curbz

I have a tall skinny one too. It is the one I keep saying I am going to move. I just can't make my mind and my back get the same idea at the same time. I dread trying to move it. Right now it is also standing in water. :(

Ouch! *about the water* One thing you can try is putting paper towels around it to soak the water up. I've done that before and it def helps. :)

I Fail. :confused: I said I wouldn't get another banana plant and I did. I'm getting 2 in the mail. They were only $77 and I was all like YES! :D They're a really rare and special species called Musa Tall and Skinny bananas. :p But they make little fuzzy pink bananas! :D and they are edible!

Hey Curbz! I found something I think you'll like. If everything works okay, I'll send it to you. :) I won't get happy again till your taking pics again.

Well, first, I have to get a camera since it was stolen. Any suggestions on types of cameras and yes Ron, I'm on the wrong thread :) My banana tree looks happy but I doubt she'll ever produce a banana. I consider her my ornamental banana tree. She seems happy where she is so, if she wants to live in the living room, she can watch TV, too. Curbz

Canon cameras are awesome and I'll be checking one out tomorrow. :) Another really cool camera is Sony Cybershot. I have one. They're small enough to fit in your pocket, the photos are 12.1 MP, the focus is amazing, and the colors are too! I've had my Cybershot for 2 or 3 years and it still works like new and I've only had to buy one new lithium battery for it. They have tons of features too, the pics are 4,000 x 2,280, the flash is perfect for colors indoors, and it has a tripod attachment and zoom. And they're less than $200.

Btw, every photo I've posted here was shot with my Sony Cybershot camera. :D Including these.

My 2 Velutina pink banana plants arrived at 3 pm today! They were in excellent condition and I had them potted up before 5.
Here they are! :) The 10" ruler shows how big.

7475387254_ce6b37981c_z.jpg

Z001 by Trax, on Flickr

7475368442_72e5ec1fdb_z.jpg

Z002 by Trax, on Flickr

The art stuff on the card isn't mine, lol. Someone was doodling when he coulda been helping me out.

7475373206_f2152633eb_z.jpg

Z003 by Trax, on Flickr

Check out those huge roots! :D

7475371468_480f6ac4d9_z.jpg

Z004 by Trax, on Flickr

Some of the stuff I used to mix the soil with.

7475377996_95429da7be_z.jpg

Z005 by Trax, on Flickr

I ground up and cleaned up the dirt and compost mix then added the Miracle Gro potting mix and sand. I used lots of sand cause sand helps water drain uber fast so the corms can't stay too wet. I have to water more often but that's cool since it keeps them healthy. :)

7475375592_578fbf26c7_z.jpg

Z006 by Trax, on Flickr

And here they are all potted up! :D I'm keeping them in my room under lights.

Z007 by Trax, on Flickr

You can see how big the pots are. The one in the smaller pot will grow faster since it will be busy making leaves. The one in the big pot will grow slower but it'll make a lot more roots and pups.

Z008 by Trax, on Flickr

I'll post more pics when they put out their leaves. :)
Btw, I know these will survive cause I grew a dwarf indoors before and kept it alive and healthy for 3 years. It didn't die till I put it on the deck in the shade. 3 days later and it was dead.
These dwarfs only grow 8 feet tall and they will NEVER be put outside. :D

Last edited:
They look GREAT,Trax! I need to transplant mine but I really don't know where to put her. I don't think she can survive the winter outside. We can get 18" of snow or nothing at all. We've had some quicky weather around here. Curbz

It'll be great to watch them grow Trax....my baby Ducasse is just waiting for the weather to warm up

Hey Trax,

I can't wait to see the fruits. That's pretty cool. You are starting to get my interest in more bananas reved up. If I do add to my clan, I think I will do large pots. I hate seeing my guys suffering in now boiling standing water :(

Sidebar:
Curbs, I got Tim and each of the kids a Kodak waterproof / under water camer for Christmas at Kmart $69 each 12.1 Mega Pixels takes great pics and will hold up to anything;)

Hey Curbz. Keep it as a houseplant near a window and just dont water it much in the winter. :) It should do awesome!

Can't wait to see pics of the Ducasse when it warms up in Australia, Wombat. :D You have the perfect climate for bananas!

Hey Crabber. Do eet! :D If the pots are big enough they can still make pups and you can protect them from water. Tbh, potted banana plants are better than drowned banana plants, lol.

I'll take more pics in about 2 days. Both of my pink banana plants are sending up their first new leaves! :D They like their new home!

I woke up to it being stressed out this morning. You should have seen me running around & then I think I started to chase my tail. Thanks, Trax. I put her outside b/c we have so much heat and humidity, I thought I'd give her a vacation from me.All of your advice is so great. MTM buys bananas b/c he keeps saying,"THIS tree isn't worth a DIME!" YES SHE IS! I seriously have never tried to keep a plant live more than this goofy banana tree. Curbz

I started to attack the move of the giant banana tree yesterday day but just thought better of it. Maybe this weekend. I repotted and divided my bamboo instead. I should have just gone for the banana :rolleyes:

Outside's a good idea. It can get some sunlight! :) Lol! Crabber shoulda gone for the banana. Bamboo's tuff. :D

The pink banana plant in the huge pot is sending up a leaf! :D It's about 3 inches long now and the leaf on the other banana plant is about 8 inches long! They def like their new home! :) I'll add some pics later.

Hey go Trax! Sounds like your new nanas are going just great. This is a pic of my ducasse patiently waiting for the warmer weather. I'm still trying to keep the passionfruit from climbing all over it!

Attachments

• 069.jpg
    069.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 333
That Ducasse banana plant's looking way cool! :D I can't wait for mine to get that big. Ron wanted update pics of mine so here they are. I added my Poblano pepper too. I planted the seeds for it and the Habanero peppers last fall and they grew indoors all winter. Now the Poblano is making peppers! Yay! :D

Z600 by Trax, on Flickr

A closer look at the new leaves. They'll prolly unfurl in about a week so I'll get more pics then.

Z601 by Trax, on Flickr

And my Poblano peppers. The pepper is huge and there's another one starting at the upper middle part of the photo.

7559203846_2824548715_z.jpg

Z602 by Trax, on Flickr

A closer look at the pepper! :D

7559196768_89b6c66c7c_z.jpg

Z603 by Trax, on Flickr

Thanks Josh!
Your bananas are doing great now that they have settled in!

Those peppers look like they are going to be extra hot ones! Great job!
You can keep your peppers going for years! They will eventually form into a small tree! Keep an eye out for spider mites!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back