My house plants are blooming

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kya D

Both of my orchids and my hoya are in bloom.
This is the 2nd time the white orchid has blossomed this year. Sorry the pic is so blurry

Attachments

• orchid ms leslie.jpg
    orchid ms leslie.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 330
  • pink orchid.jpg
    pink orchid.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 333
  • hoya.jpg
    hoya.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 315
Thanks Nancy
I have never had a hoya before so I am tickled to see it bloom. The white orchid has blossomed twice this year. I am really happy with them.

Hoyas will continue blooming after a very sort rest period!
Mine does this and fertilizing helps!
They rebloom on the same flower (stub) at the leaf axil.
I am not very fond of the fragance! It is stonghest in the evening and overnight!
One, or two clusters are ok, when you have more then that it stinks!

The moth orchids will bloom continuously on the same stem. The stems keep growing setting more buds. I feed mine every other week with a half ratio of 10-30-15! I usually get one or two new leaves a year! Repot when the grow up and over the pot.

Your orchids are beautiful Dawn! I am so jealous. I just can't seem to make mine happy
:(
A little Asian man told me "You love them to death" LOL!

That lil man is probably right.
I take mine to the sink and let them soak for 20 minutes every 2 weeks.
They seem happy with that.
I also keep them out of direct sun but where there is lots of light.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back