My newest flower bed

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

myfedora

The sandstone going around the bed is from the house when the lightning stuck the chimney. I spent a couple hours chiseling the mortar off. The fence is made out of recycled wood and so is the wheelbarrow. The bibs is what I made with the spar urethane. It is mostly violas except for a pansy that I didn't even realize was there until it bloomed. And there is 2 whirling butterflies in there along with wave petunias in the wheelbarrow.

Attachments

• viola.jpg
    viola.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 423
  • pansy.jpg
    pansy.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 371

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
How lovely, how did you get the overalls to stay standing? Inquiring minds want to know.

myfedora

How lovely, how did you get the overalls to stay standing? Inquiring minds want to know.
There are rocks in the boots and legs. I also stapled a 1X2 stake on the back and put it in the ground to help keep it in place.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I need to change mine to round from square as it's easier to mow around, one of my many projects i want to do. i'm thinking of taking the bricks out or digging the grass out beside the brick on the outside and putting mulch around all of the gardens and trees so it's easier for me to mow and less weedwhacking to do

myfedora

I've got one more flower bed to do and that is on my Tiny butts (one of my dogs) grave. Made one of my solar lights with a dog on it that looks just like him to go in the middle.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a spot where my old girl Harley is burried. I want to build a grape arbor and have a sitting bench there. It just has the only real grass in the yard so I am kind of dragging my feet. She loved that spot because of the grass. Sounds silly but I hate to take that away from her.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com