need idenfication on these

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

errol

I have a vine that is now about 16 ft long, I thought it was a sweetpea vine, the other is a ground cover, I have it growing in a hollow log and between rocks
thanks
Errol:confused:

2d01kx0.jpg

birvj9.jpg

fkb5sg.jpg

2ep7dqq.jpg

i forgot to say i believe the second one is a type of sedum , really goes crazy , glade you have it in something where you can keep it under your thumb a bit . very pretty pictures of both plants .

thanks everyone! i sure do want to thank all of you for the help. I'm trying to make markers for all my flower beds on plants that I am not that familar with. You know I believe when I was in school I ran my teachers crazy with all the questions!! lol
So if I ask too many questions here, just let me know! :)

Yes, it is a purple hyacinth bean and all parts of the plant are supposed to be edible. We only ate the beans and they were pretty good. If they are picked young and tender they can be prepared and cooked just like string beans. The purple goes a funny color when cooked though.
Ours grew very tall on a trellis and were a beautiful addition to the garden.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back