New USDA Map

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I know mine is 6b but that depends on the winter in any given year! So I average it out and claim 5/6!

Mine went from 4b to 5b. I know we have been -22 F. One of those cold snaps last year a coworker of mine went outside and measured it on a calibrated and certified thermometer. Oh well USDA says only -15.

I take this map with a LARGE grain of salt, just like I do most gov "information". Somebody somewhere is getting paid, and paid well for averaging the temperatures of the last 15 years and saying "it's getting warmer" (or colder). What a cushy job.

I take this map with a LARGE grain of salt, just like I do most gov "information".

But you're not supposed to have that much salt in your diet, the government says so.

Four of the last five years we've been below -20F here. Beyond that I can't speak to as I only moved here in early summer 2006.

The cardiologists also say so. We have had them speak at the diabetes support group meetings on occasion and there are two things they land on every time; red meat and salt.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back