Phrases You'll Never Hear In Western Movies

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Bluewolf

"I reckon I'll have me a half-caf double latte with a twist. IN A DIRTY MUG!"

"Gentlemen, rather than get caught up in mindless reaction, let's draw upon our feminine selves for a more intuitive solution."

"Can we postpone this duel till 12:05? I gotta use the little boys room."

"Let's see... hardtack and pemmican... that's three grams of fat, seven grams of protein, and two starches."

"You 'n' Slim round up them strays, and I'll tell Cookie to get started on the gazpacho and the fondue."

"That's him! That's the yella-bellied varmint who shot my therapist!"

"He was a strong man, a good marshal, and I reckon he had a keen eye for interior decoration."

"Hey, Buck, do these chaps make my butt look big?"

"It's like I keep tellin' ya, Earl: men is from Tombstone, women is from Dodge."

:D

I think they were all hilarious. One of my favorite movies is "Evil Roy Slade" with John Astin. It is pure satire and id so funny. There is another one that I just saw again a couple of nights ago that I rank right up there as far as humor though and it is "Down Periscope" with Kelsey Grammer. There are few movies that I consider watching twice, but both of those seem to be as funny each time I get to see them.

Yeah I like "Down Periscope" too!!
and of coarse CPO SHARKY with Don Rickles (haven't seen that one in years)

The one I did not like was "Top Gun" it was so bogus it wasn't even funny

It was filmed at my Base (Miramar)
VAW-110 was my original squadron..and it was E-2/C-2's not F-14's
and they were the "Firebirds" not "the Tomcats" our emblem was kewler but
they like the name "Tomcats" better

and did you know that at the "Control Tower" in one of the stalls at the "head"
There is an actual Gold plaque stating that "Tom Cruise sat here during the filming of Top Gun"?

*I unfortunatly know because I had to clean the Control Tower for one week*

and everywhere he went there is a plaque (don't know if they're still there
since it's a Marine base now but back in the early 90's they were all over the place)

I really liked this copulation because I grew up watching Westerns on Saturday and Sundays with my Daddy and he would have had a cow at these. I think the only Western I did not watch was "Blazzing Saddles" watched 15 minutes of it and went to bed (to stupid but I am not a Gene Wilder fan)
(don't think Daddy watched it either but Momma and brother loved it)

My favorites are still "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly"
"The Quick and The Dead" (Sharon Stone version)

and most of The John Wayne movies...

Did you know that John Wayne was asked to play Matt Dillon in "Gunsmoke" and he turned it down? He actually recommended James Arnes
He and James where friend for a long time up until John died..

*yeah I know lots of useless stuff*:rolleyes:

Can you tell me why the streets are so clean in old Westerns? Even in the modern west we are plagued by red dust and mud!

I knew they were friends. I saw a movie where both of them played FBI agents and James Arness was killed in the movie. John Wayne is my all-time favorite actor. I saw a little bit of "Top Gun" too but wasn't interested in watching any more. My BIL is a semi-retired deputy sheriff and he watches detective shows and laughs at them like a comedy.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back