Please pray for Randy

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

My wife likes the applesauce made with the blender, but since I make it, I make it the way I like it (chunkier) and that is by using a potato masher. I add cinnamon and sugar to it and that's it. There are lots of apple trees in the area and so many of the apples go to waste. But I don't have room or the eating capacity to utilize any more than I do. I do occasionally take a 5-gallon bucket of apples to the nursing home though and they use them.

Randy I am so very glad you are doing well after your surgery! I will continue to pray for your complete recovery. I was thinking about you even when I was in Disneyland having fun with our grandson!!

I have 3 heroes in my life ~ John Wayne, Walt Disney,and my Dad. Walt Disney always conjures up images of SteanBoat Willie & Dumbo with his sidekick Timothy the mouse.There;s a scene in the movie where the crows sing,"When I see and elephant fly". Yep, prayers continue to go out to Randy and my friend Jerry who had to have an MRI done. No word on how he is. He's a tough young pup soI imagine it went well.

I went to see the cardiologist on Monday and even though he said it in a much nicer way, he said, "Get back to work." LOL He told me to watch for changes in the norm and call him if any happened. I like him. He is a veteran and spent 10 years in the service. Part of those years were spent in Viet Nam and he said it felt odd for a doctor to be carrying around an M-16 rifle. He said he had to use it too. I should have asked him if it was on his patients, but I didn't think fast enough.

The surgeon told me there would be twinges in the abdomen for several more weeks and he was right. But that won't keep me from doing anything I need to do. It's too hot to do anything outside in the afternoon, but that is supposed to change tomorrow. One of the things I want to do today is to move a roll of fencing along with my tools to an unused stall close to the section of fence that I want to replace. I need to put in a couple of extra posts too.

you recovered quite nicely Randy........glad you are back to doing things again....but dont overdo it with those posts....

I won't. I was telling Fiona a little while ago that the fence was down. She got a little excited until she realized it was a short section of fence used to partition off a small are for the goats. Fiona told me to let her know if I needed help and she volunteered the assistance of my 17 (almost 18) year old grandson. He was standing there but didn't say anything.

Don't you love a befuddled grandson? That's when you ask,"WHO is cooking dinner tonight? I would like filet mignon." Kids make the world go round and sometimes you are PRETTY sure you fell off the merry-go-round. I'm grateful I only had 1. She is a spitfire and she knows to respect her elders or she will simply get yelled at. :) Curbie (Has anyone heard from Trax?)

If you asked Alec's honest opinion, he would state that he would much rather watch movies or play video games. Fiona was under the impression for a long time that Alec liked to work in the garden. But it was like pulling teeth for me to get him out there and I finally gave up.

Can't he help you rebuild the fence? This is just an opinion so take it for a grain of salt ~ Activity builds an active mind. Laziness builds a lazy mind. What would happen if the video game disappeared, magically? The tooth fairy took it. Now see.....oh, now I have the giggles.....cut the cords to it and give him a rake adn the fence boards. I'm a vicious person in a nice way. "YOU GOOFED so now you pay the piper." Basically, it's called 'manipulation'. If we don't set the standards as parents and grandparents, who will? Sermon is over. Leave a quarter in the collection plate.Curbie

As a parent, I would do something like that, but not as a grandparent. I'm only good for a few hours at a time too and I will be tuckered out about the same time he gets out of bed. It's only about 8:00 now and I will be working out there in the pasture by 9:00. He will probably be up about noon. It's easier for me to work alone than it is to try and schedule around somebody else.

That is SO true. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. I wonder how many young people think old people are stupid. Lord knows, I've only made close to 12,834 mistakes in my life. Well, maybe there are more. Just a couple.:) I did not become this age to be a ..... doorknob. I admire older (than me people). Who do you learn from other than your elders? "Oh. I already tried that and it won't work." I couldn't sleep until noon if my life depended on it. The birds and I are up at 4AM.I love listening to the early birds.

I don't hear them, but I know they are there. I hear very little once I go to bed because I weat that CPAP machine and even the the noise it makes is minimal, it still covers most of the outdoor noise. The evening is another matter. If the weather permits, I love to sit on the back porch and listen and watch.

I think most kids think the older folks are stupid, but that's because the kids are ignorant. As ignorance is replaced by knowledge then the kids realize that the older folks are a lot sharper than they thought. I wonder how many thousands of years that has been going on.

Well, I will admit, that everybody has a gift for something. It may be gardening or cooking or building things (like a toothpick tower :) ) People who are 'gifted' think outside their box. Winderment and curiousity play an important role. Stretch the imagination. MTM wears a CPAP and it is so noisy I really can't be around it. It gives me a headache. I always think there is road repair close by. :) Curbie

Good Morning :)
Randy I didnt know you wear a CPAP too. Leon is supposed to wear one, but acts like a toddler everytime I mention he should be using it! :p
Curbie its after 4am, where are youuuu, lol

Last edited:
Well, good morning, Kathryn. It's good to hear from you. My wife could not sleep in the same room with me before I had surgery on my airway about 20 years ago. I call that surgery a 'snorectomy'. The first CPAP I had was noisier than the one I have now, but it wasn't all that bad either. My wife wasn't even sure I had the present one on at times. I don't try and go without using using mine though as the rest I get then is rather fitful and I get up exhausted in the morning. The first CPAP I had lasted for almost 20 years and I have been using the present one for about 3 years. I don't snore if I use the CPAP but if I try and sleep without it, I can and will snore. It isn't as rafter-rattling as before I had my snorectomy, but disturbing anyway. By the way Curbie, you didn't answer the question I had about how much it cost to mail a refrigerator. I can just visualize MTM walking his route with a refrigerator in his bag.

Oh, Randy. MTM did not mail it, he took it to the marina. He loves this marina. The marina was sold so he thought he'd do something nice for the marina. It was in the trunk of the Jeep. :) Curbz

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back