Purple iris

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GardenBear1

this is the first iris to start to bloom it should open more when it warms up more.
the pic could have been better but I was cold :( and the wind was starting up again so I took a fast pic and went back in where it was warm.

iris002.jpg

Too cool. So far almost all of my iris that have buds have taken a hard frost. It really breaks my heart
I love the chives

Ours have bloomed out already. I think it is so cool how the seasons are so diffrent from place to place.

The one you have is a pretty little thing.And I see bud's love your blue pot.
And I see maybe some catcus in pot's on your step's.I want one of those half barrel's.:)

OK bear as far as I can figger we all like your iris but we Love parts of your yard.
The barrel, the strawberry pot, and I just love everything in your yard.

Spider_Lily, what you see on the steps are Cryptanthus or earth stars there in the Bromeliad family they come in many colors and are easy to grow.

The strawberry jar was a trash find its in great shape now to plant strawberry in it, I also love the chives I use them alot and the grow back after being cut,then half barrel was a canna pot for a while, then a herb garden now I'm going to plant toms in it this year I'll have to replace it next year its starting to rot but I like the look of real wood.
You guys can come and play in my garden any time you want, I love having people share my garden and I won't even ask you to pull weeds :rolleyes:

What up with that I can't believe you don't have a sign that says "free weeds you pick"

Ok you heard Bear we can all go play in here yard.Wish I lived closer.Everyone bring a plant or a few seed and we will party at Bear's.Garden Party .:):)

More pics please...that one was really nice. I like the pot and barrel too as well as all the plants. I have chives also.. three pots,,I use a lot of chives!

Last edited:
Yellow iris

I didn't even know I had a yellow iris until this past week end, its a pale yellow it looks all most white at times , the strawberry pot has strawberries in and I've had 2 berries from it, the half barrel is now a salad bar with lettuce, toms and basil,I've planted more veggies this year than I have ever

yellowiris013.jpg

yellowiris001.jpg

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back