Robins nest ?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GardenBear1

I was out in the yard doing some cleaning and I found this nest in my 4th of July rose, I think it might have been a Robins home for the winter, who ever lived there has moved out, I think its cool that they lived in my yard all winter

Nest2010003.jpg

Nest2010004.jpg

Kya D

I just love finding birds nests. Robin?? I'm not sure around here all of the robins line their nests with mud. But I googled and the nest they showed sure looks like yours.
Keep us posted if they come back and we get new blue eggs in the nest

GardenBear1

Today while chatting with a neighbor, we got to talking about the Robins nest in the yard, he said he had a web site that show a nest and talks about the Robins and there habits, I think its a great site so I wanted pass it along, the site is called The Robins nest. I hope you enjoy it

http://www.i-pets.com/rpet19.html

GardenBear1

Kya, I have about 10 Robins hanging around the back and front yard so maybe if I keep looking I might find more, now how nice would that be :)

GardenBear1

Mother Robin

I was out taking some pic today and Mother Robin showed up and let take a pic of her before she started to fuss, so I moved on hope to get more later.

MotherRobin001.jpg

Spider_Lily

Thank's for the picture I have never seen a Robin nest they leave us.When it begins to get warm early Spring.:)

Kya D

Bear she is so darling. I love the birds.
I heard my 1st hummer at work today so I have about 2 weeks and they will be in my yard. Better get my feeders filled and hung.

GardenBear1

I tried to get more pic after dinner but Papa wouldn't let me near the nest, so now I have to find a way to get more pic, I will get more some how I hope

GardenBear1

I had a short peek into the nest before Papa Robin came after me, there is one egg so far, the old man is keeping his eye on me so I'll have to find a way to get pic of the eggs with out getting pecked by papa Robin but I'll find away

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com