Ron's Veggie Garden!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
It has been quite a few years since there was a veggie garden here!
Here's what I'll be planting/sowing this year:

Heirloom Radish 'German Giant'
Radish 'Round Black Spanish'
Lettuce~ Grand rapids looseleaf~and Romaine
Tomato 'Bush Beefsteak'
Zucchini 'Black Beauty' (one hill)
Cucumber 'Marketmore' (one hill)
Bush Bean 'Greencrop' and 'Improved Golden Wax'
Swiss Chard 'Bright Lights'
Squash 'Waltham Butternut' (one hill)
Parsnips 'Hollow Crown Improved'
Kohl Rabi 'Early White Vienna'
Parsley 'Moss Curled'
Root Parsley 'Hamburg'
...and
Basil 'Cinnamon'

I will expand the upper garden in the next couple of weeks by another 6 or more feet. Cutting and pulling sod is very labor intensive since I move the sod where there's a bare patchs!!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 296

Kya D

Dang Ron that is hard heavy work but the garden spot will be beautiful. You sure are planting a lot of great veggies. My mom loved parsnips and I grew them for her every year.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Love the parsnips and the Swiss Chard . Ron that looks great. Please continue to sebnd us pictures.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Randy, they are so easy!
I pull them when they get to the size of a baseball!
You can either steam them, mash them, or grate them!
They do make a wonderful kohl-slaw! it is a very mild cabbage flavour!

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh, I have tasted them and I think they would make an excellent additive to about any salad. But I could eat them just sliced and relish them.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh Kohl Robi is sooo good. I like to cube it and stir fry until it starts to get golden brown then toss in the chopped up leaves and fry them until very wilted, add a little garlic to the pan as you heat the oil. Really good.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com