Smoked Fish Dip

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Smoked Fish Dip

1/2 cup of any smoked fish.
( we use mullett since it is one of our market products but salmon works too!)
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 finely chopped pepper
( may use hot or sweet depending on falvor you want, I use 1/4 sweet and 1/4 hot )
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup mayonaise
1/2 sour craem
Old Bay (to taste)

I mix the fish and the mayonaise and sour cream together first. This way I can get the fish kind of shredded. Also if I want to add more mayo or sour cream I can. Then I add veggiesmix well. Then do a little taste especially if you use hot peppers. Add old Bay seasoning to taste and salt and pepper.
Every batch I make turns out a little different due to the fish. We somke our own fish so freshness has a lot to do with the flavor as well. You will find this dip served at a lot of places here. Served with saltines, or captins wafers. In an eatery as an appitizer it will cost you $795 for an ice cream scoop size dish with crackers.
Really good though.
We also do a crab , or shrimp dip and a shrab(crab& shrimp together). When using shrimp you want to pulse them through a food processor before mixing them with the mayo and sour cream.

Wonderful super bowl dip!

My friend read this recipe and she makes one kinda the same but she said this one sounds way good

It is acutally a product we sold a lot of when we had our fishing business. If you like somked fish ( and even thiose that think they don't like fish) you will love this.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back