Spider anyone????

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

sunflower3

Found this spider in my green house, my DD had a fit and wouldn't come back in. My son says its a jumping spider and it is HUGE. I had him remove it as I didn't want a customer to end up with it in a plant I sell, LOL. It gave me the creaps and I kept looking for it while I worked in the greenhouse with hopes it wouldn't jump on me.

Attachments

• all pictures 002.jpg
    all pictures 002.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 341
  • all pictures 001.jpg
    all pictures 001.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 325

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does he have green eyes? Hard to get a good look at him as it is so dark. And nothing to rate his size against. He could be a mouse spider which you do not want. They can be very dangerous. Can you get a better pic with some color?? Also you can put him in a jar and your ag agent should know exactly what he is.

Kya D

We only have 2 kinds of spiders here that are poisonous. But we have some really icky looking ones too
I guess I would have my son take him out too.

Spider_Lily

I was out yesterday moving a few pot's around.I saw a spider that look's like that and it did jump.I scooped it up and made it jump across the yard LOL

RiverDog

That is a jumping spider, you can tell by the metallic looking fangs. I've seen some that are an inch and a half long. Eucalyptus is great for keeping spiders and some other insects to a minimal, they hate it. Or do like me and get one of these guys to stand guard in your garden. ;) As you can see, he eats well.
141.jpg

sunflower3

MY son put it down the embankment for me, I couldn't stand looking at it anymore, It was white with a pattern on it's back YUCK is all I can say.
riverdog my son keeps telling me to get a lizard for the greenhouse, I might just have to take him up on that.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com