What did you buy this time?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

John,
I live in the sugarcane state ( Florida, grows lots , not as much as we use to in the days of the sugar barons but still a state of production) anyway I have never seen sugarcane mulch. Maybe they just have it local to the Glades that's where the cane is grown. I willhave to see if I can find some. This interest me.

Hi Nancy
I also live in Australia's sugarcane state, it's still a major crop here. The mulch has been available for many years, it's made up of the the "trash" ie. tops and leaves left over from the cane harvest. It's available in different types ( roughly chopped through to very fine ) and quantities, huge "rounds", also bales then to small packages. It's become increasingly popular over the years and hence (I don't know why) the price has steadily increased. In the beginning the farmers were glad to be rid of it...now it's a business. I still drive down to pick up bales direct from the farmers as it's about half the price of store bought and if I want it any finer I just run over it with my mower or put it through my mulcher. I always go to the organic farms as no pesticides are used during the growing period.

I was a very good girl today....Bf and I went to Menards
and I got
1 pack of Penstemon rondo mix
2 packs impatiens butterfly hybrid mix
1 pack of columbine barlow mix
2 packs of convolvulus enchantment mix
2 bags of asperagus starts
and another blueberry
and a new can crusher...:D

Wow you did really well Bw those should all be looking great in a few weeks, don't forget to take pics when they're blooming please.
I went out to buy some bamboo stakes and came back with a vanilla orchid, a grape, a red pawpaw and 3 coffee plants......yep you guessed it, forgot all about the stakes!:rolleyes: Can't beat those end of season sales, soooo tempting ;)

John just think another excuse to go back. I love the fact that I forgot something so I might have to wander over and have a looksee at the plants.

we went to Lowe's today..

I got a pack of Garlic bulbs :D
and the we went to Harbor freight so he could get a motor for his tiller
and I got a sixpack of two liter bottle watering stakes

LOL! It may become infected if I let it hang out in the garage.
Oh what a thougjht! Can you imagine "Driving with fleas!" The movie

LOL! It may become infected if I let it hang out in the garage.
Oh what a thougjht! Can you imagine "Driving with fleas!" The movie

That would be funny!!!!

come to think of it...That's about the only buggy they haven't made a movie about.............

Bought a quadruple hose bib. I'm suppose to go to Sacramento on Thursday and will try to stay away from Capital Nursery!

bought a F-150. it is nice and it is the supercab. not a four door but we have like half doors in back and a seat. So far we like it but we need to set up the sync.

John just think another excuse to go back. I love the fact that I forgot something so I might have to wander over and have a looksee at the plants.

Oh yeah Lyn great minds think alike:)...I was back there again yesterday and actually bought the stakes first.......then came the bargains!;) A sasanqua camellia, 2 strawberry plants and a flowering ginger.......I must "forget" to get stuff more often!:D

I need to go to Lowes today with the new pickup got three projects i'm thinking about doing.

Jiffy 72 peat pellet greenhouse, should of brough more pellets and didn't to go in my other one. It's been too wet here to plant anything so dont want to buy any plants, more rain and wind coming tonight.

Jiffy 72 peat pellet greenhouse, should of brough more pellets and didn't to go in my other one. It's been too wet here to plant anything so dont want to buy any plants, more rain and wind coming tonight.

Oh My Gosh!!!

Never seen a 72 pellet greenhouse that thing must be huge!!!! :eek:

I bought a package of asparagus bean seeds and a stevia plant. Total at Capital Nursery = $7.00!!! I think I did great on my self restraint.

I just bought a new Holly shrub that is both blue girl and blue boy in one. Called Honeymoon Holly! I am so happy! I have always wanted Holly but didn't want to have one that didn't flower. LOL

I just received an email from a local nursery, all summer flowering stock is now up to 80% off.......hmmm guess where I'm going?;)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back