What is this plant? Can anyone help me?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Jaxon

Hello. Can anyone tell me what this is? I just moved recently and I'm still trying to figure out what all the flowers and shrubs are.

mystery-shrub1.jpg

mystery-shrub2.jpg

Thank you :)

Jade

Not positive, but the leaf and flower look like Crepe Myrtle. Do a little Google search and see if you agree.

Jade

Whew, glad that I got agreement there. They aren't hardy in Ontario, but since we are in the states now I have seen lots of them around. I think that the bark is very interesting as they age. We saw some beauties in Williamsburg last year and I was very intrigued by them.

Jaxon

Thank you so much!!! I wasn't sure and I am very glad to find it is a crepe myrtle since I have seen mature ones that are so pretty.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
yes that is and a mighty fine looking one I might add...I do miss mine ...don't see them in this area

tonya

[/ATTACH]pretty crape myrtle jaxon! i'm afraid i committed "crape murder" yesterday..ours is "Catawba" i selected it purposely b/c it is supposed to be a medium sized tree- 10'-20' and i adore the lavender/purple flowers...my husb decided it was shading the veggie plot too much so he went hacking!!!i don't know if we have hurt it or not, time will tell..the good news is they bloom better on new wood...i only hope we get new wood:eek::eek:HPIM0194.jpg

HPIM0193.jpg

HPIM0625.jpg

Attachments

• HPIM0867.jpg
    HPIM0867.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 285
  • HPIM0872.jpg
    HPIM0872.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 290

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like a pretty good pruning job to me. I think he helped the bush more than he hurt it. It will be more full than it was before.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com