What's the weather in your area? 2015 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

We had moderately heavy fog today all day with some light rain this morning. Our high for the day was the same as yesterday. The fog helped cause some accidents around the Portland metro area including the highway I use to get to the nursing home. It looked like someone missed a turn and hit the guard rail. Didn't look like anyone was hurt but the car looked like it was totaled. Traffic just crept by the scene though as everyone had to inspect the accident scene.

always amazes me the rubber neckers slowing down to see the accident, I always just go by. I dont want to see blood.

10 this morning again. by noon the winds will start and get to 40MPH, and the temps will drop down to zero. its going to be brutal to be outside for about 24 hours.

Yah Woodie, it is a serious problem that can cause even more accidents!!

7F and dropping as the second cold front passes through! Today will be the coldest day this winter!
Will bottom out at 0F wth a windchill of -18 with winds out of the NW.......then the temps start to slowly go up overnight....
At least it will be sunny so I can turn the propane fireplace off in the sunroom..... already turned down the furnace in the livingroom.....

Yup! Today was the coldest day this winter!!!
Winds where nasty out of the NW!!!
Right now at 8pm it is 0F, and it looks like that will be our low for tonight as the temp is expected to slowly creep back up to around 5 after midnight and up to 14 by tomorrow afternoon!!!!
I really hate winter!!!

Very foggy here today, but up above the fog it was sunny, so we did get periods of sun in the afternoon, and even the morning was very bright which is a nice change! lows are about 43F and high today was 50F

5F with light snow falling!!! The temp didn't go up much overnight!!!
A system moves in later on today ....might get 2-4"s with 27+mph winds out of the SW which will make for poor driving conditions!!!
I'll be going to town for supplies!!!

18F with 30+mph gusts out of the SW bringing in snow squalls.....more on the way for the next 24 hours!!
Could see 6-8"s but the wind will pile it up into drifts....
Glad I went to town when I did as the conditions are getting worse....windchill is -4F.....

boy was it nasty out today. a high of 10! snow is on the way tonight and all tomorrow. oh joy! dont you just love wintertime.

We are not that cold but we were at 22 on the way to work this morning. That is very cold for Austin. It is to be that cold or colder in the morning with a possiblity of freezing rain or sleet. Not good for us in the South.

ended up to be a very nice day in the city, started out foggy but sun burned through. high got up to nearly 50F but is down to 35F now. Supposed to be like through the weekend and even into next week so that is great if it pans out!

Hi Lyn!! Been a long time no see!! Hope you are doing ok!!
It has been brutal here all day!!
With the strong gale force winds it is hard to keep the house above 64F....been bundled up all evening with the electric heater on bust as well as the propane fireplace and furnace going none stop.....winds are 40-50 mph with a windchill of around -20......it is snowing and blowing now that the Alberta Clipper arrived......had to go down to the pump room twice today to turn up the electric heater, and even it is having trouble keeping the temp above 34....hoping the pump doesn't freeze tonight....filled pots with water this afternoon just in case the pump craps out!!!
Hping the winds shift but they are expected to continue tomorrow.......
Can't wait to get under my thick flannel sheets and thermal blankets tonight!!!
Temp outside right now is 16F the winds are out of the west....nice change from SW but still very noisy with the winds howling!!!

I was expecting the fog again today but we had clear skies with accompanying sunshine. It dropped doen into the 30's last night but got up to 51 by afternoon. Can't complain about that for a winter day.

8 this morning and snowing, we already have 3 inches for the white stuff. hope all went well last night Ron! and you didnt freeze up.

Hedy and I survived!!......The pump didn't freeze up and it works......got running water!!!! The pumproom is up to 38F so we're good now!!
Losing the water is what I worried about the most!!!!
The winds pretty much died down around 6 am and the house started to warm up ~~~~it is a toasty 71 with sunshine pouring into the sunroom!!!
Love the solar heat when we have sun!!!
14F with light 16 mph winds out of the west...winds expected to increase this afternoon...
Didn't get much snow, but what we did get is on the move with the winds!!!!
There's a lot of pack ice on the lake, but it's on the move....slowly moving east.....hoping it doesn't freeze up into a solid masse....
012.JPG
013.JPG
014.JPG
015.JPG

Oh my goodness Ron those pictures are beautiful!!!
Randy, we lost the fog here as well, but there is a lot of cloud taking its place, just patchy sun. it didn't freeze last night, but it is only 40F right now, yesterday was warmer. but still not bad for a winter day like you say!

gorgeous pics Ron. I love them! glad you still have water flowing. thats always a plus!
its 10 here this morning, and another storm brewing for this afternoon into tomorrow. the usual junk, white stuff, then sleet, then maybe rain as it warms up tomorrow afternoon. winter just started and Im already sick of it!

Thanks Janet!
The winds that hammered the south side of the lake shifted and are now out of the SW......had a windy day here yesterday with isolated flurries...
Prety much the same here this morning but the winds are a bit less....
Here's a pic from yesterday before the winds shifted....this morning all I can see to the horizon is ice that moved in overnight....
At least the temp will be warmer then yesterday's 10F.......it is 25F right now and could get a bit warmer if the clouds clear out....wind speed is 15 mph
001.JPG

Didn't snap any shots of the lake this morning because it looks very similar to Fridays!

Last edited:
We had heavy clouds all day yesterday with rain. It slacked off in the afternoon but there was still a fine mist. It was a good time to lean back snuggled under a blanket.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back