The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I had to leave my home twice to get rid of ex's. They'd refuse to leave till a judge told them they had to. Didn't take but a couple weeks both times. There was a Thomas, then a John..and now I have a Randy, can't go wrong with a Randy..right? LOL
We will be celebrating or 10th anniversary the 27th of this month. The only thing this man has taken from me.. is my heart.

hey that is my anniversary also Gloria...we will be 25 years ...

DH is my 2nd and I am his 2nd also. 17 yrs married this June..lived together 4 yrs before that.
My 1st marriage was a quick 2 & 1/2 yrs and I put clothes in 2 laundry baskets..1 for me, 1 for my daughter Christie and called my dad to come get us. Sometimes starting over is what needs to be done.

For Dave & I it took a first to get it right for life.

It's hard to read with the TV going. When MF says something, I remove the earmuffs. She likes to watch the Portland Trailblazer basketball games and those home remodeling shows. I find that a good opportunity to read.

I've done 4 good deeds so far today ~ :) I'm on a roll ! And I bought cornbread today that I need to make! Can you put chocolate chips in cornbread? Coconut? Peanut butter? Blueberries? ~ Curbie

I had an "ex" once. I remarried him. So, come May we will celebrate what I call "our 30th anniversary with one small break in service". hehehe.

Curbie,
have you ever tried adding a can of whole cranberries to cornbread? Yummy!
I add pineapple to mine and serve with chili too.

Last edited:
Good for you, Palmetto..... :) Pat yourselves on your backs. There's a recipe on the back of this Hodgson Muffin Mix for Mexican Cornbread ~ 2 TBS of jalapeno peppers. I've never made cornbread before. Since I can make muffins out of this impending disaster, I could put a cherry in one and blueberries in another and an olive in one and a strawberry in one, a birthday candle in one, green peppers and garlic in one. All you have to do is put icing on it and nobody will notice. People put enagagement rings in things. ~ Curbie :)

curbie you need to learn there is no rules to cooking. put things together and find out if you like it. if you don't don't do it again. love you girl and I'm sure chocolate chips can go in. I have a daughter that thinks everything should have chocolate it in. lol

I have a thought about putting CranRaisins and chips and blueberries in the cornbread...may as well throw in some spinach. It says on the box: "WHOLE GRAIN ~ GOOD FOOD.Good source of fiber, Cholesterol free, no trans fats, low fat" This is going to be a mess :) We're writing a cookbook~ "This was a Bad Idea so Don't Try it at Home." ~ Curbie

Not too long ago, MTMailman said he really does not like my meatloaf. So...I stopped making it but he doesn't realize that he really IS eating 'meatloaf' ingredients in my spaghetti sauce (spinach, garlic, onions, tomatoes) or bouletta's or Swedish meatballs or hangaburgers....but no meatloaf.

Attachments

• IMG_0863 (2)EM.jpg
    IMG_0863 (2)EM.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 254
  • !cid_003f01c62a01$5fe64c20$6401a8c0@DFRFPM11.jpg
    !cid_003f01c62a01$5fe64c20$6401a8c0@DFRFPM11.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 236
  • lampshade 004 (2)  EM.jpg
    lampshade 004 (2) EM.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
you put spinach in your meatloaf? hhmmm*thinks*

What's a hangaburger?

yeah I can relate...I am not a "mixed" foods type person either

there are a couple of dishes I don't mind "mixed up" but for the most part I do not like my food touching loved the food trays in school
yeah I know it's all goin to the same place but I want to enjoy each item seperatly

Mom used to get so mad at me cause I refused to eat beef stew or vegitable soup
"but you like beef!" yes I do,and you like potatoes,and onions and carrots
No I do not like carrots and I don't like the "sloopy" stuff in it either
*does a 10 pound bag of flour make a really big biscuit?* :rolleyes:

That's funny Wolfie b/c I went to a dinner party once where this gal would not let anything on her plate touch anything else.She took one tablespoon of one thing at a time. She picked the raisins out of the apple pie. I'm glad I sat beside her ~May I please have your raisins? According to my nephew a 'hangaburger' is a hamburger :) ~ Curbie

Cornbread Muffins #2 (better know as : experiment #2) is in the oven.with cranraisins, a banana, and blueberries I think this could work.I have the icing figured out ~ honey and granola. ~ Curbie

One of my favorite things to do with corn bread is to crumble it up in a glass and pour milk over it. Some people use buttermilk for that, but I don't.

Did MTM like your corn bread creation?

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back