Any advise on tall bellflowers

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Annette99

I figured out what my unidentfied babies were. Campanula Americana. Tall Bellflower. Has anyone had these.? I understand they are biennial, like shade, will they grow in the sun? Any advise would be helpful. The seeds came from Prarie Moon.

I don't know what good it will do you, but I have the perfect spot for them...lol!! Do you have a shaded area next to your house? I would plant them right up against it with astible and columbine. I have found more shade tolerable plants this year and I am loving them!!

I planted them from seed when I planted my first garden years ago thinking they were perennials. I had them in both sun and shade and they did well in both places. You wont see a bloom the first year. but be sure to plant some more seeds next year so you will have them blooming every year.

Campanula Americana is listed as an annual.
I always get nervous around campanulas since so many are classified as invasive! Biennial and annuals are safe and will act as perennial as they freely self seed!
That one is a keeper!!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back