Display of Wild Iris

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
The pictures do not even begin to show you the view I have from my deck. Our swamp is full of blue flag Iris. It looks like a sea of purple when you look out across the tops. I have tried many exposures and angles trying to get hte perfect view but just can't. So here are a few pics just tpo show you the volume of plants we have.

Attachments

• better field.jpg
    better field.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 306
  • good iris field.jpg
    good iris field.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 319
  • single iris.JPG
    single iris.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 309
  • Iris2.JPG
    Iris2.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 310
  • ok iris.JPG
    ok iris.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 314

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wish you could actually see that it looks like a sea of blue. I was trying to get just the tops but the wind was blowing so bad it looked like a Monet. All smudged. LOL!
One thing that many may not know, is that Hummingbirds love Iris. Tim has a chair sitting in the middle of the swamp and we will sit and watch them feed. Very cool!

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
What a beautiful picture that must be to enjoy every day. Chair in the swamp, i think i would be too chicken to sit in middle of the swamp, snakes and gators out there..

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
What a beautiful picture that must be to enjoy every day. Chair in the swamp, i think i would be too chicken to sit in middle of the swamp, snakes and gators out there..

LOL! Laurie, now when you were here did you see any gators??? (wink wink)
Usually we don't see too much we kind if stick close to the edge away from the water. You do have to be looking though. Snakes are really on the move with the warm weather and the sun shine.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks guys, wish you could all come and visit and enjoy it with us. The sad thing is uit only last a few weeks and then the blooms are gone. I a few weeks the wild hibiscus will be blooming, the wild azaleas are in bloom. If they haven't dropped when I get home I snap some shots of them for you to see.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com