We had a lady once who washed all her fruit & vegs from the store in peroxide, said it took off the dirt and such, cleaned them real well.
I am sure she let them dry ,however, Peroxid should not be ingested. From one of the leading researchers in holistic medicine and health care comes this tip. Use pure grain alcohol for washing garden veggies. It will kill 100% of unseen parasites and bacteria and is totally safe. She also suggest using it as a household cleaner especailly on your counter tops where cross contamination occures.