Have you ever done something really stupid?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

years ago having just broken up with my eldests father I decided to be independant and paint my house myself.I did well if I do say myself.Except that one evening, small child in bed I got stuck in when a neighbour called to tell me something.She knocked I called out to come in and she did.As i stepped off the table I was using and tipped the whole thing, landing on my behind and watching the paint tin as if in slow motion arc through the air covering her ,my couch and the floor with pink.There she stood paint dripping from her glasses.The laughter started then and to this day if either of us mentions painting we end up in gales.

years ago having just broken up with my eldests father I decided to be independant and paint my house myself.I did well if I do say myself.Except that one evening, small child in bed I got stuck in when a neighbour called to tell me something.She knocked I called out to come in and she did.As i stepped off the table I was using and tipped the whole thing, landing on my behind and watching the paint tin as if in slow motion arc through the air covering her ,my couch and the floor with pink.There she stood paint dripping from her glasses.The laughter started then and to this day if either of us mentions painting we end up in gales.

Now that one is funny!!!!!!!!!!!

I left a can of spray cooking oil out on the top of my stove and went to change a diaper, came back into the kitchen and had 3 preschoolers having the time of their lives skating across the newly sprayed kitchen floor. What a mess. They had also sprayed my dog who was sleeping under the kitchen table. Won't leave that out again.

BD that is hysterical. I can almost see that pink paint flying across the room. What a welcome. LOL

OMG Annette you reminded me of something that happened when I did some baby sitting many years ago. I kept large container in a storage cupboard in my laundry room including a gallon of vegetable oil I’d planned to use for deep frying for an upcoming party. These were the days before safety seals. I had one little one who was sick and three healthy and bored little ones. As I tended to the sick one I heard gales of laughter coming from the laundry room. They had managed to open the gallon of oil and poured it all over the floor. They were playing and laughing uncontrollably. Thankfully the laundry room was a step down from the rest of the house so the oil was confined to that room. There was also a drain in the floor which never came in more handy they it did that day. They were having so much fun that they had me giggling and I let them play until they all started getting tired. Then one by one they went in the laundry tub to be washed off.

I like that story. It sounds more like a grandparent though than a parent. LOL It's good when a parent can see the humor and let the kids have some fun.

Goodness, I could write a book even though mostly about my husband. However, when I was young and dumb as a rock he replaced the radiator on my car instead of taking it to a mechanic. The next afternoon as I was coming out of the building from work, I see my car sitting in the parking lot spewing steam and water from under the hood. A river of water is running from underneath and trailing through the parking lot. I race back in, call my husband, and say, "Honey, my car is running hot in the parking lot and I haven't been in it all day"! He tells me that isn't possible and I get louder and louder on the phone because I KNOW what I SEE and my car is running hot and he's insulting me by telling me I don't know what I'm talking about. Besides, it was the middle of July and it happened to get up to 102 degrees that day. Why wasn't it possible??? He's telling me, "Brenda...there is no way in H*&& a car can run hot if it has been sitting in a parking lot all day and is not cranked." Of course, everyone in the office overhears our "heated" conversation and a group of about 15 people follow me out to the parking lot to witness the impossible for themselves. I'm standing wayyyyyy back with my hands over my ears thinking this thing is going to explode at any minute! A coworker, Linnie, walks up to the car and studies it for a moment..places her hand on the hood...gets down on her knees to look under the car...and then just rolls over laughing hysterically. It took her a few tries to get it out because she was cracking up, but she finally croaked out, "Brenda, your car isn't running hot. You've pulled over the top of one of the inground sprinkler jets". It was a very, very long time before I lived that one down!

OUCH OUCH OUCH my sides are hurting from laughing so hard. Palmetogal you told it so well I could picture in as clear as day but I couldn't for the life of me think where the story was going to end up. Never would have guess that in a million years. Thanks for the laugh I needed it this afternoon.

Oh girl. That one is one for the book for sure!!!!!

I just posted this in Hootie thread but thought you might get a kick out of this one. You would think you would be safe in your own yard

I am laughing ( now anyway not then ), I don't know if you guys remember in Feb of 08 I was out going to ( yes of all places ) wal mart at 4 in the morning when something came crashing throught the woods ( bear) and I took off running in the dark. I crashed over a knee high planter ( like I didn't know it was in my yard) and fell hitting a concrete raised pad and cracked my jaw (chin) and cheek bone. I was in bad shape for a few months So PLEEEAAASSSEEEE be careful on your night time trips. Well lets call the excursions not trips

Ouch crabbergirl! I never do anything stupid. Like staining my lattice while wearing shorts and sandals. Or after rearranging the bedroom, get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and run into the wall. Nope never do anything stupid! :D

OWWW Crabber, that's an awful thing to have happen to you! I don't know that daylight would make a whole lot of difference when the fight or flight syndrome kicks in, though. With a bear behind me I probably would crash through a building without so much as a thought!

This is not what happened to me, but to a friend of mine. Rearranging the furniture reminded me. My friend worked graveyard shift and slept very soundly when home in the morning. His wie didn't rearrange her schedule for chores and could change the linens on the bed without waking Leonard. One time though, she also rearranged the bedroom furniture and when Leonard woke up, he thought he was in the wrong house.

Thought I'd add another one, this time involving my husband. Trying to fair and impartial you know. So, he gets in the shower one day. A little later I hear him calling for me. I go into the bathroom and he says he needs me to go down to the store and get some Liquid Plumr because the drain is clogged and the tub is filling up with water while he's trying to shower. Dutiful wife runs to the store and buys what he needs. When I get back he pours it in, waits the required amount of time and starts plunging away trying to get the drain unclogged, naked as a jaybird and muttering to himself that he doesn't know what in the devil could possible have the drain clogged that badly. Actually, he's probably been plunging a good 30 minutes and is cussing mad. I go back in there to take a look. With a sweet little smile on my face I just reach over, say "here honey let me help you", flip that little old switch on the drain plug and walk back out.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back