Hello From California

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

richnkim

Hi, My name is Kim. I am not all that ne to gardening but I just haven't done a lot of it in a few years. We live in a rental so things have to be keept kinda small. My husband and I have made a couple of garden boxes. One is planted with lettuce. I will get some before it gets to hot for it! The other is planted with some tomatoes and peppers. I had to cover them last night because it got a litle cold for them. It is suppossed to warm up!!! I have started some seeds of basil, orgegano, cilantro, and 2 different kind of bells. My herbs are doing great! I have had to divide them out into other pots! The bell peppers are just starting to peek out.
My husband is off next week on vacation and we are going to stay at home and do a lot of things!!! I can't wait!!!

We are going to build one more box for the cukes and squash. I am going to add some carrots to the lettuce bed. We want to plant some flowers in some pots. We have a patio that we would like to put some pots on! We might build a long narrow box to go along our west fence to put some flowers in. Any advice is appreciated!!! Thnanks, Kim:)

Kya D

Kim let me be the first to welcome you to our growing family.
Please just jump right in and enjoy.

Spider_Lily

Hi Kim I'm glad you came here.We have alot of good friendly people here old and new friend's..Alway's something going on plenty to talk about.Maybe you can share your photo's of your birdbath and the pretty bird's you have there.:)

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
So glad you joined our group. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Acacius48

A Newbie Hello!!

Hi Kim!
Thanks for the warm welcome! hehe. :) I look forward to talking to you about container gardening. See you around !!

Sincerely,
Vanessa

oremudpie

Kim
Hello from salem oregon,
I'm a native Californian (napa).Also I have window boxes 6 of them and lots of
containers I plant in too.
Look forward to chatting with you
melanie

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Hello Kim and Welcome to the place...I am in the northwest now...but was down in Sacramento for many years...I have had 34 acers in the past and tiny little city yards...and alwasy found room for gardening...I found that when I had limited space I could grow up...like any vining plants put up a small suport and grow your cukes and melons up ...more food in smaller space...Look forward to getting to know oyu

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kim ,
I see most of the gang has already welcomed you. Sorry to be late but I'm still glad you are here. Hope to see you around.

richnkim

Kim
Hello from salem oregon,
I'm a native Californian (napa).Also I have window boxes 6 of them and lots of
containers I plant in too.
Look forward to chatting with you
melanie

Hi melanie, Thank you! I hope to get some picture uploaded soon. Napa is beautiful but Oregon is also!! My dad, mother-in-law, brother-in-law live in Brookings. Our son used to live in Brookings but now on the Cali side. Lots of rain for them. How about you?

Kim

richnkim

Hello Kim and Welcome to the place...I am in the northwest now...but was down in Sacramento for many years...I have had 34 acers in the past and tiny little city yards...and alwasy found room for gardening...I found that when I had limited space I could grow up...like any vining plants put up a small suport and grow your cukes and melons up ...more food in smaller space...Look forward to getting to know oyu

Oh, thank you for the welcome. I love your signature!!!!! I am going to copy that verse and put it out in my garden!! I know with a little work we can grow a lot in a little space. I am looking forward to getting to know you too!! Kim

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kim, Crabber is one of the hardest working gals you would ever hope to see. She and her husband did commercial fishing on the Florida coast a few years back. She is an expert in organic gardening and golden retriever pups. There are other things too and I know she won't toot her own horn, so I'll do it for her.

Bernie

Hi Kim Welcome I look forward to getting to know you. I love to veggie garden too. Check out the container gardening forum you might get some useful ideas.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com