More Doggie Pictures

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Great to see you again Kale! Yep, I'm still battling the moose. I put in a showy mountain ash and a flowering crab apple this spring and the ash was a bare stump the next morning. This was an all time record, never lost one that quickly before. :(

Glad you liked the dog pictures. This boy keeps me busy! If I don't have something for him to do (his job, in his mind) he'll find something on his own. Sometimes, this can be a bad thing! :eek:

Doug, we have deer around us here, but I have really been fortunate. I have not lost any plants to the deer or the other animals. The skunks have got a number of our chickens, but I have got more skunks than chickens lost. I got one in December and I think that was #6 for 2009.

I didn't realize skunks were so hard on chickens. There are no skunks in Alaska but I've been around a few while growing up in Idaho. Must be interesting to dispose of - gloves and nose plug?

That's terrible Doug!
I loose fish every year, the raccoons I suspect as they leave their foot prints on the bridge.
For some reason it is always the largest (oldest) fish in the pond.:(
I use to place bate feeder fish in the small water features before I put my "pets" in there. Now I have a grate covering them and all is well:D
As far as plants.I only get attacked from bee /wasp bores and Jap.beetles
Which I have a nice long nose pliers for *lol
That's terrible Randy!
Poor chickens. Never thought that a skunk would attack a chicken!
Interesting to know.

Kale

Kale:)

They sure do. Summer before last, Fiona rushed down here to the basement when she saw a skunk go into the chicken house. I grabbed one of my guns and headed out there. I pounded on the side of the chicken house to strtle the skunk and when I opened the door, I reached my hand in to turn on the light first and it was in the corner. When startled, they do spray though and it's pretty powerful stuff. I shot it with the shotgun, but waited until the next day for disposal. Even with latex gloves and plastic bags, you're still going to be pretty strong smelling when done.

See, that's why you need dogs. I had a rogue flower pot get into the house while I was out shopping Saturday; but my brave and ferocious companions took care of it.

RougeFlowP.jpg

Doug,
Very cool. Love the aussies. I have goldens myself, sadly down to 3 now and they are geriatric. Love field trials and agility. Nice pics thanks for sharing!

See, that's why you need dogs. I had a rogue flower pot get into the house while I was out shopping Saturday; but my brave and ferocious companions took care of it.

RougeFlowP.jpg

Oh Blue we had those happen here too.:(My son had been using his drill and forgot to bring it back to the barn.Well before Pluto left us he had to play with the drill he had chewed the cord off and was carrying it around the yard in his mouth.He had drug his bed out and was running around with it.I told my son well he's moving out he's gone with his bed.LOL Sure miss him and his crazy self.

What a situation you were on Randy!
Blueaussi, my cats have done more damage than that, they seem to like blinds and wood furniture!
What we do for our "petz" *lol
Thankfully my frogs and toad do no damage!*lol

Kale:)

This was a rogue flower pot, not some namby pamby tame and domesticated set of blinds! Rogue flower pots look harmless enough, but they can be vicious! I've heard stories of dogs with broken legs and hundreds of stitches from encounters with rogue flower pots! This one had clearly muscled its way into the house, and it was only with great ferocity and skill that my girls managed to subdue and dispatch it!

Blue thank heaven that the dogs didn't get INJURED by the rogue pots. Lucky the pots don't travel in Packs like wolves.

sam and the raccoon

HPIM0195.jpg

HPIM0198.jpglast summer the Moth had taken sam for a walk while i was sitting on the back porch listening to garrison keillor(sp?) as sam was coming thru the gate he made a mad dash for the area of the yard under the bird feeder and caught a teenager raccoon...we had filled the feeders earlier that day and ol' coon jr was just helping himself to a snack..well it's saturday night and i am flipping out!!!the coon had bitten sam right beside his eye (lucky dog!) we've had several cases of rabies in the area in the last couple of years..we knew sam's shots were up to date but didn't know what to do with dead coon..so we came up with the bright idea of freezing the carcass so we could save it in case the vet or animal control would want to do an autopsy or something to see if the critter had rabies...the vet laughed at the MOTH..it seems rabies can't be detected in frozen brains..oh well sam got a shave and a wound cleaning and the frozen coon went out with the trash.

Sam&Earl Pickle are pooped...

Sam and Earl are taking a little rest after cleaning up the patio...those hard working guys!HPIM0955.jpg

Dear SL, Sam is just a mutt dog we rescued 5 years ago, mark thinks he has samoyed and chow in him, he has the black spots on his tongue, i dunno, he's just my sweetie and keeps me company in the yard,thank you for the compliment, i'll post more pix as we start resurrecting our gardens, he's not the least bit camera shy!:D

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back