My banana project

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Hey curbie that's great your babies have new leaves, it means you're a good mama! How many babies do you have now?

I have THREE, Wonbat!. Three! The goofy-est thing is that I STILL don't know how to grow banana trees! Trax got me into this adventure. All advice is welcome but you must know.... ~ nope, I don't fertilize. My theory is,"YOU are going to GROW!" MTM saw them and said,"You have babies!" Yep, gave birth last night..... :) Thanks Wombat! Momma Banana~ Curbiz!

I wonder if young Trax has a girl friend. I believe he has found something more interesting than us. LOL

NOW WHO could be more interesting than us :) Hm....guess a girl...Being a girl ~ I think girls are boring. OK~ well, I like an athlete. I like somebody who can drive a trailor truck. I like someone who can fly a kite and not get it stuck in a tree. I have NO fashion AT ALL! I struggled getting to Mrs. McShalley's viewing and MTM said,"YOU are going to wear THAT?" oh no ~ this was my dress rehearsal.....meanwhile, he was cleaning out the frig. When we got to the viewing, my friend Liz said,"YOU look REALLY NICE!" I said,"liz....don't say anything else please." MTM and I prayed on that bench thingy. I was praying MTM wouldn't kill me on the way home! LOL! "Oh and you Mrs. McShalley ~ God loves you. Hope He loves me on the way home." Curbster

Yeah I recall he fancied an attractive young lady that loved fishing......no wonder he's been "busy" they're quite difficult to find!

Wombat ~ we're still having winter over here so they are sitting nicely in the living room. This guy who delivered groceries said this morning," MAN! YOU have BANANA TREES! Can I TOUCH ONE?" ONLY if you give me a quarter! YOU should TAKE one! He said the funniest thing,"I don't know how to take care of a banana tree." I yelled at HIM "DO YOU THINK I DO??????" He was this great person who wanted to pet a banana tree. Made absolutely no sense to me HOWEVER, he pet the banana trees. He asked if they would bear bananas? NOW HOW would I know.......but then I got the goofies and I said,"THEY grow HERDS of bananas!" He said,"I didn't know you can grow a herd of bananas." Well, he left a bit confused. Not unusual around here. :) Thanks for asking WBat ~ Curbz

Oh well at least he'll have a good story to tell his Mrs when he gets home lol. Maybe check out that link I posted on this thread a while back about that guy who grows them successfully in MD, there might be a few hints about taking care of them there. If I lived a little closer Curbz I'd take them off your hands in a minute! My "dwarf" nana has now grown to over 6ft tall and is still pushing out leaves, it's still a bit small to bear fruit yet but maybe next year with a bit of luck! Have fun with your "kids".....

We only had 2 freezes for this winter season. If I had covered my nanners they would have been fine:(. I just kept waiting , thinking it was going to freeze many times over. Now they are all brown and crunchy. I do see some green coming out though. :)

That's a good sign Nancie where there's life there's hope and that little bit of green is great to see.

Where is Trax? I bet he's fishin' with his Gal pal!!

If your plants were outside you would want to wait until spring before trimming the leaves. The dead leaves hang down to protect the plant in freezing weather. But I assume you have the heat on Curbie:p, so trim away;)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back