My friend has orchid she wants to give away

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kya D

I can have 1st choice if anyone here would like them. I could send them for postage
She is moving and can't take them with her. PLMK ASAP if you would like them.

Dor

How many does she have Dawn? I would like them if you don't want them of we can share them.

Kya D

Ms Dor I would love to send them to you.
She has several I will get more info tomorrow

Kya D

I talked to her today and she has one that needs to be repotted and one that she just repotted so there are 3 of one of them and I'm sure I can break up the other one and get 2-3.
So CG I will keep you in mind too
They are cymbidium orchids

Spider_Lily

I saw some beautiful purple and white orchids today at Lowes.Would love to have one but I seem to kill the poor little thing's.:eek:

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Keys for orchids:

If it looks less than perfect there is one of three things it is either getting too much of , or not enough of and they are, heat, water and light. They like light but not direct hot sun, they love humidity but do not want to be wet, they never want to be less than about 65-70* F. If the leaves change then you know something is off. If they shrivle you would think you need more water but this is actually not true, you need less water.
Always let them dry out between waterings, mist them alot. A very old man I know told me to use a bamboo skewer to check how wet the plant is. You insert the skewer into the soil in the pot all the way to the bottom. Leave for 5 min. if when you pull it out it is wet do not water. Use a water based orichd fertilizer once a month. In the winter if you do not have good southern exposure with natural light use a plant light 10 hours a day.

Dawn,
Thanks for thinking of me but don't worry about me I do have some and would rather someone who didn't get one;) Know what I mean:D

Jade

I don't know why, but I seem to have good luck with orchids. I just got my first one about a year and a half ago. The phalenopsis seem to be the easiest for me. I give them an ice cube or a little drink twice a week, maybe more, maybe less depending on the temperature and amount of sun. Mine do get direct morning sun thru a sliding door. By the time that the hot afternoon sun goes around the house they are in just bright light for the mid to late afternoon. I am happy that I have tried them and they have given me much enjoyment.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com