New Here & Urban Dirt Web Series

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

SimpleTwist

Hi all,
I'm involved in a new gardening web series which premieres this Thurs. (Nov 3rd, 2011)

I wanted to do a couple things

• Introduce Myself
  • Invite you to check out the show
  • Invite you to be on the show

So here I go.

My wife's family owns a Cactus Nursery and I am a closet filmmaker.
I met up with David Walrod who is the host of Urban Dirt and together with Jose Bazan and FVG.

We created Urban Dirt to be a fun, educational, do-it-yourself show. We worked really hard to put together a quality show that you can enjoy every Thurs (starting Nov 3rd).

You can visit our facebook page here: Urban Dirt | Facebook

And while the website hasn't launched yet - if you're in the Los Angeles area and have a project - technique - you'd like to share. PM me.

Once the show launches you'll be able to contact us directly.

Anyway, I really just wanted to share the news with you of the new series and hope you check it out.

Nice meeting you all
-jer

Hey Jer!
Welcome to our forum!
You caught my interest in your new series!
Looking forward to viewing your Facebook series!

Hi RonsGarden,
Nice to meet you as well. The first episode is online - hope you enjoy it.

forum.jpg

Hey Jer!
Welcome to our forum!
You caught my interest in your new series!
Looking forward to viewing your Facebook series!

Awesome! I liked your FB and I def gotta check the youtubes. :D Oh, and welcome to the forum! There's tons of plant info here and the members are totally cool. I wanna check out that Lion's Tail plant. Rain's an epic event here... whenever we get some, lol.

Welcome, SimpleTwist! Sounds like a great idea for all involved! I love cacti. I had a kid give me one MANY years ago. I treasured it. After about 12 years, it left me. TRAX! WE should do CACTUS instead of banana TREES!:p LET'S EXPAND our horizons. (I feel like I'm on the StarShip Enterprize) Would cactus grow in Oklahoma? I am ordering a cactus....a tiny one. :)

Attachments

• _welcome.jpg
    _welcome.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 326
  • 04_dra.jpg
    04_dra.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 334
  • greetsng10.gif
    greetsng10.gif
    9.3 KB · Views: 352
  • welcome01.jpg
    welcome01.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 304
  • sg-hrt-flwr-welcome-lg.gif
    sg-hrt-flwr-welcome-lg.gif
    9.2 KB · Views: 330
Jer
Love the small space you will be landscaping!

Yes Curbie, cacti do grow in Oklahoma!
Here's 2 that you and josh can grow:

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 323
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 329
Thanks

Thanks for checking it out.

Looks like you guys have a great forum here.

The first 8 episodes will be the backyard makeover - but after that we'll be doing stand alone episodes of various subject matters and locations.

If you folks have suggestions of topics you'd like to see us cover let me know or if there is something you have an expertise (and are in southern california) contact us.

Also we just put up a timelapse of the backyard clean-up - so you might want to visit youtube again :) If possible please click like and subscribe buttons - every little bit helps.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!
-jer

Curb doesn't confuse me. :D She speaks the same language my little brother does, lol.

1. Curbz lives in Maryland and she's getting excited about growing cactus.
2. She's not all over networking so she just does forums.
3. She thinks Urban Dirt would be even more epic if it was International, awesome!

Scotkat is a noob from Scotland that's def into networking and has online blogs. She's def worth checking out. :)

Btw, we have other topics in the forum. What genres of music do you like? We have a section for that too! :D

RON, that's enough from you :) :) Jer, I tell no one to do anything b/c I get nowhere anyway so.....no use. I thought it would be a pleasant idea, that's all. Guess I'll just be quiet from now on. used to have a friend but it left so I will take the ball and go home. I really didn't think I was so complicated. MTM just ignores me. So I don't mind :) I will leave you to talk amongst yourselves. You can even talk about me ~ I don't mind. I need some Christmas presents delivered ~ oops, this is not working so far. I want a Mickey Mouse doormat. Daggone, I did it again. Now listen.......I am being quiet............ssshhhhhh......i'm being quiet...... :) DO NOT DISTURB! cuz i'm being quiet.... Does anybody know how to do origami? Think it's hard? ~ Sorry for the confusion. :) Curbie

Curb doesn't confuse me. :D She speaks the same language my little brother does, lol.

1. Curbz lives in Maryland and she's getting excited about growing cactus.

Ah! Okay well I need to ask my wife's family (I really don't know much about cactus - but from what I do know they do very well if they're not getting too much water - because they can rot. I'll find out which would do best out there. You know us California people don't know anything but sun :p Oh and we crash when it rains...

2. She's not all over networking so she just does forums.

I see. Well it is the wave of the future :p

3. She thinks Urban Dirt would be even more epic if it was International, awesome!

We're trying - see where we are in a year - a video a week should add up to a lot of content :)

Scotkat is a noob from Scotland that's def into networking and has online blogs. She's def worth checking out. :)

Scotkat has a blog? What's the url?
Anywhere we can get Urban Dirt posted would help.

Btw, we have other topics in the forum. What genres of music do you like? We have a section for that too! :D

Well then - I can't answer that question here can i? :p

Thanks for all your input.
-jer

Well, jer ~ I usually answer anything when I'm thinking about it so never feel like you went astray. Could be moi. Bob runs a 'real tight ship' here except for the straglers. (I'm not telling whom one is :) ) Just post. You have joined a gang of incredibly gifted artists, ♫, cooks, gardeners, and we all have Bob to thank for this. Must be a very pleasant person. Curbie

It's def an awesome community here. :) It's my go-to when I've had my brains trolled out at the general, music, skateboard, and gaming forums. :p It really helps to talk to mature people sometimes.

Btw, this is a Sun state too, lol. Rain is rare and it usually floods when it does. :eek: Also, you can talk about music in this thread. Intro threads are all about getting to know noobs. :D My fave genres are Alternative rock, metal, punk, some pop-punk, crunk, hard style, some dubstep and trance. I'm all over Hollywood Undead, Wasted Penguinz, In This Moment, A7X, and a ton more bands right now. Even Sum 41's still putting out awesome tracks! :D

You prolly needa PM Scotkat but here's the blog:
http://blog.trowelslg.com/2011/11/part-2-heucheras-coat-of-many-colours.html
Those heucheras are awesome!

Trax, you have me very well figured out. Proud of you! Why CAN'T Urban Dirt go International? NO limits :) As the Rolling Stones said," You can't always get what you want but if you try sometimes,~you get what you need!" GO for the GUSTO!What have you got to lose? When you get older-er, you realize there is no more time for wasting life so just do it! No more whining ~ no more "Mr and Mrs Cry Baby". Get OUT there and do it. INterNAtional URBAN DIRT! (Don't worry, SimpleTwist. I'm harmless.Somebody always puts me in my place.Even our hamster, Rodney Rodent.) ~ Curbz

Jer, there is a lot coming your way, but MTM is Curbie's husband (Mike The Mailman). He will drop in on occasion.

Ha ha ~ MikeTheMailman goofed big time yesterday. I didn't realize it until I 'walked on water' this morning. He gets this water from an organic store. HOWEVER, he forgot to put the lid on well. This AM there was this HUGE puddle of water all over the kitchen floor! I quickly learned how to skirt around the puddle of water.I do not understand why people buy water. I thought it came out of the faucet..... Now tell me how you make organic water.....does that make sense? Organic water??? How do you make organic mayonnaise? It includes organic honey, organic vinegar,mustard.....SOMEbody here (that's me) is lost. WHY can't you just drink water? :) Curbie

hello jer and welcome to the place...I look forward to more information on your show...please don't get to lost by the off topic subjests in this thread...many of us wouldlike to hear more..thanks

:D Boy do I miss a lot when my brain is being unkind to me. (Migraines)
Anyway,
WELCOME JER
Can't wait to get the chance to see your FB and series. Thanks for posting here with us. Look forward to knowing you better.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back