Please pray for Randy

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I like when the snack cart comes around. You can come home with SO MANY SNACKS. "May I please have one of each?" Surgery is never something folks look forward to. I watch Grey's Anatomy and think,"I wonder if they ever did THAT to me?" You shall be in ship-shape, Sir Randy. Is the hospital far from you? Curbie

It's clear on the other side of Newberg, Curbie. With moderate traffic, it's about a ten-minute drive.

RANDY, I met this gal who had her gall bladder out and she said it was 'a piece of cake' and she only only stayed overnight! Better order that lobster for breakfast! No scrambled eggs for Randy! "I DEMAND LOBSTER!" Now I have the hicpups :) Curbie

I think your first meal after surgery should be LOBSTER!!!! tell the hospital that!!!

I can demand all I want, but I think all the nurses are German. You cannot change their mind. I should know better. I married one. I was talking with a friend of mine a couple of days ago on the phone and he started to complain about his stubborn (Irish) wife and I told him that in his case and in mind, God gave us the wives that we needed, not what we thought we wanted. He laughed and had to agree with me. But you still get an RW award, Miss B. I'm going to wear out that picture if this keeps up. I see I got mixed up and the Curbstone said something about demanding.

Attachments

• Rotten Woman.jpg
    Rotten Woman.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 239
RANDY, I met this gal who had her gall bladder out and she said it was 'a piece of cake' and she only only stayed overnight! Better order that lobster for breakfast! No scrambled eggs for Randy! "I DEMAND LOBSTER!" Now I have the hicpups :) Curbie

I learned a long time ago that you do not demand anything of a nurse. They have a way of getting you 'in the end'. It was over 50 years ago and I was reading a Reader's Digest and was looking at the "Humor in Uniform" section. There was a story there about an officer that was in the military hospital for some minor procedure but he had made a nuisance of himself with the demands he made on the nursing staff. On his last day before being released, a nurse stepped into the room informing him they needed to take his temperature one more time and told him to roll over. He reacted in his usual pleasant manner complaining loudly, but he complied and rolled over. The nurse said she would be right back and left the room. She had left the door open and after a rather lengthy wait, the head nurse walked by and saw the officer lying there on his stomach with his rear end exposed. She stepped in and asked what was going on. The officer replied again in his pleasant manner and informed her he was having his temperature taken, to which she replied, "With a daffodil?"

Attachments

• Rotten Woman.jpg
    Rotten Woman.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 225
Randy is on a roll with the RW's today. :D

I bet you will be TOLD what you can have, and it won't be anything near that good :(

Paybacks????? For Randy??????

Attachments

• Grandma Andrew (3).jpg
    Grandma Andrew (3).jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 246
  • XBQUHLCA0G7VGWCAD1287NCAU0V4ZNCAGSFI2UCASYKDU2CAPHYM82CAQ2ZTRKCAINDBRBCA0FYLZHCABWZQLUCAH65Z51CA.jpg
    XBQUHLCA0G7VGWCAD1287NCAU0V4ZNCAGSFI2UCASYKDU2CAPHYM82CAQ2ZTRKCAINDBRBCA0FYLZHCABWZQLUCAH65Z51CA.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 209
My hospital food was the pits Randy, but I didn't eat many meals there. I didn't eat at all the whole day of surgery and not much the following day either, the anesthesia didn't agree with me. Hope all goes great for you!

That's always a possibility, Jade. I was really surprised when I was in the hospital recently and I didn't have anything to eat for three days. Then they turned me loose on beef broth and Jello. That sure tasted good to me. I kept teasing them about bringing me a cheeseburger though. I don't think they will put me in ICU this time though.

Oh and I totally agree that the better you treat the nurses the better they treat you. I didn't want anyone babying me, they called me Miss Independence. I needed to learn how to get in and out of bed without help because I knew I would be doing that when I got home. I think they only helped me the first 24 hours, after that I groaned thru it.
Randy with no garden????? Oh my, how sad is that?

I remember when I had my tonseils (that's spelled wrongly) I was SO HAPPY b/c all I got to eat was ice cream. I didn't want my Mum to take me home from the hospital. I'd eat ice & ice cream all day. "Mum,do we have ice cream at home?" Randy, you know you have a great support system so we're all IN! No worries, Mate. ♥ Curbie

I am aware of that, Miss Curbie. I think John is affecting you though. You are starting to pick up a little Australian there, mate. LOL

We will be leaving in a few days on our 3 week roadtrip! :D I am very excited but it has been a lot of work planning this! we will be in 10 different hotels! and I am not one to leave things to chance so a LOT of research has gone into picking nice places that don't cost too much. Anyway we won't be home until the very end of July, but I will be checking in on my iphone to see how Randy is doing after the 18th, but I may not be able to do any posts. I will be thinking of you then Randy, take care!

The 18th is a Wednesday. That's as good a day as any to have a procedure.You remain on my prayer list Randy ;)

There is an extended family 'traveling' along your path. I was born on a Wednesday ~ BEST DAY of the week! I never understood,"Wednesday's child is full of woe". I've been happy as a clam all my life (except when my Mum hit me with a broom - not like I had done anything wrong! Well, if truth be known, I did deserve it. CHILD ABUSE!). Curbster :)

I think it may be a case of biting off more than I can chew!! but we will make the best of it. we leave monday morning and are only going as far as Lacey in Washington because hubby wants to introduce our grandson to Cabela's! :D then we will head south and take the 199 out of Oregon into California and stop for the night in Eureka. From there it's through the redwoods along the Avenue of the Giants, on to San Francisco for 3 days, then on to Carmel for a couple of days (hoping to run into Clint Eastwood, or at least eat at his ranch) then along Big Sur to Cambria to see Hearst Castle again for overnight, then down into Disneyland for almost 2 weeks :D coming back it just happens to be the Gilroy Garlic Festival so we are stopping there to stay and load up on all things garlic!! I'm sure I will get asked at the border "are you sure maam that you are not going to be selling garlic? that looks like an awful lot for personal consumption!" Lol.... then we decided after driving through Sacramento so many times and only getting a peek from the freeway at the tops of all the old west buildings, that we are going to stop and stay and see it all! River City!! we will get grandson a hat to match papa's (hubby wears a brown leather cowboy style hat everywhere he goes) and we will go to the salloon where you can get a sarsparella for 25 cents and throw your peanut shells on the floor...lol grandson is going to LOVE that!! he loves root beer calls it shakalaka roop for some reason? lol.... then we head home :( stopping overnight in Cottage Grove. I hope we don't run out of money or patience! lol.....

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back