Seven Sister's rose wanted

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Dor

My mother roots her roses by burying a cutting next to the mother and putting a jar or jug over it like Flowers.

I would really like to have a rooted cutting of a Seven Sister's rose if anyone would be so kind as trading with me for one of my rotted cuttings.d

Dor

I have some in the baby nursery now Swindy. I have, peach rose, a unknown red(lost the tag) and Tiffany Swindy, I can pay postage.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
I think she was teasing you about your typo, ;) which I had to search to find... At the end, you mention "rotted" cuttings. Since I knew you meant "rooted", I totally missed it, even when I was looking for it.

GardenBear1

Dor, if mine come back this year I can send you a small plant if you would like, I'm for ever digging the small one up and giving them away

Dor

I think she was teasing you about your typo, ;) which I had to search to find... At the end, you mention "rotted" cuttings. Since I knew you meant "rooted", I totally missed it, even when I was looking for it.

lol. I missed it too because I am just getting propogation down and want to get plants rooted when I can. I try to stress rooted. That went over my head.

Thanks Dizzy and Gardenbear I would love to have one from each of you. Dizzy your cuttings are coming right along. They shoud be really heathly by the time I send them to you. I was able to get 3 yellow hibiscus to root on the second try. Now to try the red and my daughter is digging up hers, she has a different red from mine and a salmon color. My neighbor has a double orange that she promised to give me cuttings from.

Last edited:

Spider_Lily

I just googled seven sister's.I do know what it is we have it here growing wild along the fence just didn,t know the name of it.

Attachments

• 22258eb0.jpg
    22258eb0.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 367

cassiegerald

If any kind soul has some rose cuttings to share I would appreciate it so very much,for postage,I am starting a small rose garden in memory of my dear sister in law,,she loved roses,,but if you cant that is okay also..thank you for your time and kindess,,you take care God bless you and your loved ones,,Cassie

Dor

Cassie, I should have some I will be able to share in a month or so. Please remind me.

sunflower3

I think I have these in pink, where here when we moved in. DO they grow with a runner under the ground?? they keep coming up every where in my garden, even after i dig or chop the roots.

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
They do grow wild here in SC too. They are all along the sides of the roads in my area. They are absolutely beautiful in bloom. I've tried to transplant several with no luck as of yet! Maybe I'll try rooting a cutting.
I'm thinking that since the roots are so long, cutting the root system stresses the plant so much it won't live.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com