The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Happy Happy Birthday Peggy
Wishing you an awesome day with family and friends.
Let us all know how your day was and what you got for goodies......
Happy Birthday my friend

Good Morning and Thank You so much ladies... I had a remarkable birthday..
Shiney Deb I can't wait to see pics of your precious bundle......lil one shares my lil sisters birthday... When she was born my Dad told me she was my birthday present.... I am so happy for you my friend... Congratulations!!!
Yesterday cousins and distant cousins visited throughout the day...some i hadn't seen in years... My husband gave me a beautiful card and a new digital camera.... Wow i can take pics now...He told me that since my gardens have started to come alive I seemed lost without it... I was:)... My new camera is a Canon PowerShot SX10 IS... I love it...just haven't learned all i need too yet..though i have used it...
My lil sister made me the most beautiful carrot cake... It had umbrellas and sandles on it... very tropical...her and my brother gave me a $50 gift card to one of mine and cliffs favorite resturants...Moonlight
All of my children and most of the grandchildren took me to Sho Guns a Japanese resturant for supper... When i resize pics I will sho ya our chef who cooked our meal...
My son got me a hibiscus..almost 6' tall...I don't know the color yet but the buds into bloom soon will tell me.... My daughter gave me $100 gift card to one of my favorite places...Lowes... I received lots of different stuff... I love it all....no matter how much i tell the kids i am no longer celebratiing birthdays and don't need a thing....they don't mind too well... Told the kiddos I am 33...not aging any more...HA!
Have a good holiday... I am going to mom and dads ~~my brothers and sisters grave today and both of my deceased husbands graves... My children asked me to go with them...
Peggy
Peggy

Boy oh boy they did you up right!!! Can't wait to see photos posted with your new camera. That carrot cake sounds scrumptous. It's one of my all time favorite cakes.

Glad all was so wonderful for you, Peggy!

Here's my new little darlin'...

Attachments

• co 007.jpg
    co 007.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 246
Oh my goodness Deb...he is so precious... I just know you won't spoil him at all will ya:D;) I know you will and i know how proud you are.

Peggy

Gotta spoil 'em Deb...so hard to resist and they're only little for such a short time...time flies so quickly.
Here are a few pics....
Peggy

Attachments

• 073.jpg
    073.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 244
  • 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 245
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 250
I certainly feel blessed Deb... The pool was filled yesterday... They were much braver than me... I thought it was rather chilly....
Here are a few different clematis in bloom..I have added two different red ones...one to the left back side of Cliffs sitting area and one I will plant today by my meditation room...
Peggy

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 265
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 259
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 281
Deb I didn't order a thing this season... I found one at Lowes and the other I picked it up at a garden center..
I also pick up red sedum...want to start that in one of the walkway...
I have a yellow blooming sedum in one of the other walkways...kinda like it...when it finishes blooming i just trim it up with the weedeater..
Peggy

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 251
I was playing in the garden today, but not with flowers. I got the soakers all installed for the row crops, 5 of them. Then I planted 3 rows of pepper plants, a total of 81 plants. Think that's enough peppers? I inadvertantly gave away all my habaneros though. I will probably buy a few tomorrow if there are any left.

Randy why so many pepper plants? I planted at least that many tomato plants but only 4 pepper plants and only planted 40+ hills of watermelon/cantelope.

Good question! The answer is because I have the room and if I make salsa, I will use a lot of them. I make salsa about 4 gallons at a time. I use some hot peppers to temper the salsa, but I use a lot of the milder peppers to add pepper flavor without the heat. There are two mild salsa recipes I make that have no hot peppers in them at all and another that has a few of the hot peppers, but they are insignificant considering the volume. Five of the family members lean to the mild salsa. I like hot salsa and have recipes for that too. David is in the middle, but he doesn't deserve good salsa anyway. He mixes salsa with ranch dressing and eats it that way. It's an insult to my fine gowermett (gourmet) salsas. LOL

Oh, but I forgot to say, there are quite a few people on the staff at the nursing home whose eyes open wide when I take in bags of peppers for them to take home with them.

Randy's salsa is awesome
not sure which kind he sent to NH a few yrs back but it was yummy

I'm going to have to ration it to David. He can easily go through a case of salsa, 12 pints, in a month. Laurie, I don't remember what it was either, but if I knew the lot number, I could tell. The number was written on the lid. I keep a record of each lot (batch).

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back