The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Personalized license plates always make me laugh. Hubby and I saw one that said,"Me Too"....now that could be mine. Vanity plates cost extra and I thought we were supposed to be saving the Chesapeake Bay with special plates, not looking like...ok, done with that thought. I'd like to get one in a foreign language ~ confusion reigns. Mine really would be "Wud U say?" (U-2 is from Ireland) Maybe I should start to collect license plates. maybe i should just be quiet. can you get a blank one? Run THAT tag! (She made it herself in prison and we let her keep it as a "PLEASE go away ~ we are very tired of you" gift :).)

I have a 'general' question : Who do you think has a better sense of timing, men or women? I have a thought but I won't share it yet. ~ Curbster :)

Just off the top of my head, I would say a guy would have a better sense of timimg, but I wonder if it comes from practice or training. If so, a gal could be a worthy match.

Another fellow taught me how to do balloon animals about 10 years ago. I take my balloon apron with me every week when I go to the nursing home and make a few animals while I wait for people to come in to the activity room. I'm not sure if I have any photos of some of the animals. A dog is the first one I learned, then I added a cat, lady bug, mouse, dinosaur, turtle, giraffe, monkey, crocodile, love birds in a heart, bee, butterfly, and humming bird.

One of the other things I learned how to do was to take a small rubber ball and insert it into one of those long pencil balloons while it is inflated. You would have to see that one.

What in the world are you talking about????? I've been thinking about balloon animals and now we have balls involved. Can we tie it shut with ribbons? MAYbe we should simply join a circus ~ I tried and was accepted for Ringling Brothers. My Dad wouldn't let me do it b/c I would have to go from University of MD to Florida. I was accepted in Clown College ~ great..........can't go. I was accepted to be a stewardess ~ you have to finish your education... roar :) ~ Curbs

In my opinion, you left your mark on the lives of many little people in teaching. That is quite a contribution to our world.

rrroooaaarrr!!! LOL

I am not surprised Mz. Curbiez that you of all people got accepted to "Clown College"

glad you didn't go.. I have a phobia about clowns (yes there really is one)
they freak the bejeebers outa me (((YIKES))) :eek:

Attachments

• cooties.jpg
    cooties.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
I honestly don't like balloons. One year, a wild and crazy room mother CONTINUED to bring in balloons and tie them to the kids' chairs ~ EVERY holiday. I thought I'd lose my mind. The only balloon I like is the one in the movie "The Red Balloon". As far as clown college, my Dad said it is not an accredited college and he KNEW I'd just LOL and disrupt it. I didn't realize the 'marks' I left on those kids lives until my daughter got a ride home from the bio-tech firm she was working at, with some guy. He came in the house and said,"Mrs. C, I earned my 'brainfood' today." (Brainfood was M&M's). He is 6'2 and I hadn't seen him since he left our elementary school. Brainfood.....it must have worked :) ~ Curbie

You're not that old ~ It takes me SO long to eat a tiny bag of M&M's~no kidding~ a month. One Hershey kiss is 2 'meals'. For me, 'you ate WHAT?" broccoli I am a disaster,waiting to happen, in the produce aisle. ` Curbie :)

Ice

this post has nothing to do with m&ms but it is a topic that has affected me enough to jump on me soap box again:)()...2 days ago a 50 year old co-worker of my husband had a stroke at work...he is recovering nicely but the tragedy of this situation was that it took mark 30 minutes to reach this man's wife b/c he did not have an ICE (in case of emergency) number in his cell phone and he had her number listed under her nickname...please please please if you have a cell phone list your emergency contact number under ICE, first responders use this number if something happens to you...and we never know when we'll need first responders....

I just sent MTM a passel of Celtic music with St. Paddy's Day coming up and all, but he may let Curbie listen to some of it. LOL I listen to it a lot when I am on the computer. When American Idol is on the TV upstairs though, I have to use headphones as the sound seems to come through the ductwork.

I'll put my fingers in my ears and stick out my tongue :) Thank yo uRandy. He will ADORE it. I just called to cancel my Dad's cell phone account and I spoke with this great lady. You know~"This phone call may be recorded" We were talking about luggage on an airplane. while we were talking about my Dad's account and the prices in grocery stores And then we got to talking about workng at a phone company and annoying customers. >>> I <<< said,"HANG UP!" they are not allowed to...daggone, you work at a phone company and can't hang up? This does not make sense to me ~ surprise! She is in Harrisburg, PA. I told her she is from the wrong side of hte state b/c I'm from Pittsburgh. She said,"we can only cheer for Philadelphia Iggles." OH~ I went to Giant Iggle the other day in Pittsburgh. It was truly a wonderful phone call about ending my Dad's account. I absolutely was SLAYED when she said,"Why did you call?" She said,"YOU have MADE my day!" If someone somewhere can make someone's day, it is a great day. ~ Curbie

I just sent MTM a passel of Celtic music with St. Paddy's Day coming up and all, but he may let Curbie listen to some of it. LOL I listen to it a lot when I am on the computer. When American Idol is on the TV upstairs though, I have to use headphones as the sound seems to come through the ductwork.
randy i would put my headphones on too if American Idol was coming out of my ductwork...

Hey ~ they showed someone on GMA ... AI last night that blew my socks off. This girl who has diabetes. See........there are folks out there who can SING and b/c I can't remember the words, I'll be back-up. I honestly can sing. I have never sung into a microphone. I don't want to hurt anyone. No...I'm not dancing. It's a great idea ~ me and Tina Turner ~ Curbiez

My wife was telling me about her at the dinner table this evening. My wife was at the dinner table not the gal from American Idol. Her last name is Bowersock. I had never even heard that name before I went on to GardenHere and found Theresa B. there. She stopped in here too, but she hasn't been regular.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back