The new Doxies

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

OK now the doxies are grown up at least in size, they certainly haven't out grown the terrorist puppy stage. But that said I have a question for all you pet lovers.
Fanny Mae (the little girl puppy) is black and tan she has a black back and lately I have noticed that she has several WHITE hairs on her back.
What caused this???? She hasn't had an injury or a sunburn on her back, they weren't there 2 months ago.

AWW what cuties..i have wanted one for a long time I also want a black one..

I wouldn't worry about the stray white hairs...it is just charcter...BooBoo has 5 white hairs coming out of her tail ever since I got her at 6 months old...

*terrorist puppies* Moochie is reffered to as the Baby Tank..she is a very solid doggie...worrying about her potentually knocking me down..she likes to head butt my calf when I am walking and has come close a couple of times..
especially on the back stoop....

The white hairs don't really upset me I just can't figure out why they all at once grew there
My 5 year old Doxy's name is Frodo (yes the grandkids named him) he is a double dappled dacshund he is such a strange color. Kinda blue roan.

Well thank heavens that is over..... Fanny had her 1st heat cycle and we played he double L keeping her and Frodo apart. My daughter wants a puppy from the two of them and since she gave Frodo to me I think I will let them breed next year. Then sweet Ms. Fanny will be spade. AND if the vet feels that it won't be too hard on frodo he will get brain surgery (neutered) but he is an older dog and I really don't want to lose him with the surgery

Here are Fanny and Frodo

Frodo is the Dapple one Fanny has the pink collar

Attachments

• dogs and deer 030.jpg
    dogs and deer 030.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 294
Awww, they look so sweet all cuddled up like that.

I wonder if the dappling gene in dachshund is related to the merling gene in Aussies? In Aussies a double merle can be blind or deaf, though.

Last edited:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back