What birds

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I couldn't get it to play, but at least I got to see the lyrics and sang them in my head. The mockingbird is the Texas state bird and that's where I spent my early years.

Oh Randy I wish it had played for you. Gotta love the old days

I have my Bullock's Oriole at my feeders again this year,,, love em

Baby Mourning Dove

Shot this picture while the mother was away from the nest. The baby is just about an hour old.

Attachments

• bmd.jpg
    bmd.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 252
THAT is incredible ! We have this cornball bird that truly is up at 4 AM singing me awake. I adore it. I wish it would just come in the house and perch in the kitchen. Birds are so amazing to me ~ could we build a nest with our mouth?

Well don't know about building a nest with my mouth. Hubby and I were sitting out watching the birds when I noticed that a pair of Cardinals were at the feeders. The male was feeding the female. I said to hubby that he would never do that for me. He said, yes I will, I will go over there and grab a handful of bird food and stuff it in your mouth! So romantic he is!

Kya, I visit a nursing home every Tuesday and I read stories and talk with the residents there. I read stories from a magazine called "Good Old Days". The stories are great and they invariably will trigger memories or side paths as we go through them. The stories come from people all over the country and they will apply to many of the people that are there in the nursing home. I am into my 11th year of visiting there and have enjoyed every bit of it except for losing friends I make along the way.

I read that magazine too. I love the "what is this" page it is always something old like farm thing or old rope twister. My Mom worked at a rest home for years and we both made some really great friends.

I read the whole magazine, even the 'wanted' ads in there. There is a lady that checks in here (MarieK) once in awhile that subscribed to the magazine for my wife and I and I started using it for material at the nursing home. It sure made a difference in both the attention span and the number of listeners that I have. I have about 10 or 12 every week. One time though they put me in the TV room because the activity room was being used for something else. There were about 20 residents in there, so I had a large audience. I started reading my story from a Patrick McManus book and it kept getting quieter and quieter. By the time I finished reading the story, I looked up and there was not a single person in there that wasn't asleep. One man lifted his head and said, "It sure is quiet in here."

Momma mourning dove

Here is a picture of the baby mourning doves momma.

Attachments

• MMD.jpg
    MMD.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 238
We used to only have mourning doves but now we have european collared doves too they have only been here for about 5 years.

Fedora is she nesting in a bucket? That is just to cute.
Yes it is a bucket planter hanging on the side of the rail. When my SIL seen the dove making a nest she taped off the front door and deck entrance so no one bothers it.

Once I saw a wren going into an open box of bone meal that I had on the front porch. I looked inside later and there was a nest inside the box. A cat had also seen the wren and was stalking it. I mounted the box on the wall about 7 feet above the porch floor. I was concerned that the wren would not come back since it was relocated, but she did and she hatched out her brood. Love those little birds.

I took these Sunday of my baby doves and this morning they few out of the nest.

Attachments

• Baby Doves 1.jpg
    Baby Doves 1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 248
  • Baby Doves 2.jpg
    Baby Doves 2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 243
OK Randy here's to the good old days
http://www.kididdles.com/lyrics/l077.html
Click here and turn up your speaker
*lol before my time*lol I have never heard that one before kinda cute.
I do however, Love several of Bobby Vinton's songs *lol

Randy! "Good Old Days" Excellent read I bought/ buy many from yard sales,can't afford them otherwise*lol
I love them, I always share them with my daughter,we read them on my swing in back by the pond if the water isn't green *lol otherwise in elsewhere.

What cute little birdies:):)
Excellent shots!
I'm afraid to get too close, don't have time to read about whether the mother will abandon her babies or not if I go near..

Thanks for sharing.

Kale:)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back