What's the weather in your area? 2014 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

It was minus 5 this am when I left for work @ 6:45am. BRRR tired of this cold winter, we haven't had one like this in years... Suppose to be sunny and 40's for Sat cool off Sun

starting to cool off at night here and the humidity is dropping during the day.......must mean warmer weather is headed your way folks! 80F today

wish you could send those 80s our way John......that would melt us right down to the green lawn again.....
10 this morning and going up to 37......no sun so far....maybe its still sleeping!

32F with sunny skies.
Light breeze out of the south!
It's happening!
36 for this afternoon!!!
It will take a few more weeks for the frost to leave the ground and the pipe from the cistern to finally thaw out! Not getting my hopes up but it will happen!!! I'd love to have runnig water again. Even the pipe for the sinks is frozen so even if the pipe from the cistern thaws we won't be able to pour water down the drain until that thaws out too!
I'll be so happy when this winter is over with!

I a nutshell:
This is the Theory the experts are working on, on why we had such an extremely intense cold winter ...
C02 migrated up to the arctic in the upper atmosphere making the artic warmer by around 6 degrees......
This interaction caused polar vortexes to form and sustained themselves over a long period of time (not the usual short duration in a 'normal winter)
These vortexes moved south and covered and effected most of North America, Europe and Russia.....
The experts are keeping a close eye on this and once the data comes in, and is analyzed, we will have a better picture of what is to come next winter....I'm hoping this winter is just a glitch in the weather machine......but we just do not know because we do not have all the new data
So if you are thinking that global warming is just a lot of hog rot, we better think again..... Our world is changing and we are the cause of this winter phenomena!!!!

http://climate.nasa.gov/key_indicators
http://arctic-news.blogspot.ca/
http://robertscribbler.wordpress.co...o-severe-winter-storm-pattern-for-most-of-us/

If we thought CO2 is bad, methane is even worst!!!
https://robertscribbler.wordpress.com/tag/arctic-methane-monster/

Last edited:
I heard the rest of the yr will be strange here.......cold until the end of may, then a very hot summer.....100's and lots of that.....too crazy for words....Ill be happy when this winter is over tho, and its not going quietly......it will warm up over the weekend, and then drop again, and a noreaster is coming wed and thurs...ugh....Im so drained from this winter......I could scream.....think we will have snow on the lawns until sometime in april.....that hasnt happened in 25 yrs.....

20 this morning and sunny.......they say we will have 45 today......we shall see.......30's would be nice at this point.....

33F with overcast skies.
No winds again, which is nice!
Snow on the way for this afternoon and evening when a coldfront moves through....dropping to 9F overnight...
Expecting only a light dusting.

45 right now and sunny.......alot of melting going on, and my heat is way down for a change.....dropping tonight and not going to be much above 30's tomorrow...

18F
Didn't get any snow today but might overnight as the temp drops to 9F.
27F for the high tomorrow...then the temps start to go up again!!!

21F and mostly cloudy.
Light wind out of the SW.... which is a nice change as warmer air will be moving in.
30 for the high.... 4iF for tomorrow!

30 and grey this morning.......was hoping for higher, but maybe lateron......still talk of a noreaster on wed......ugh...I hope it goes out to sea.

It's in the low 50's here with rain. We are supposed to have a couple of nice days this week.

37F with hazy sunshine.
Light 9 mph wind out of the SW, expecting 19 to 21 mph winds later on as the temp rises to 41....

sun came out late morning and shot up to 40s again......great melting weather........still waiting to see what wed and thurs bring.....heard everything from rain to freezing rain to snow......hope its just rain......

34F and that is our low for tonight!
39F for the high tomorrow .......then the clouds roll in for snow on Weds.....might get around 10"s.....more or less!!

Really hoping the frost comes out of the ground soon.....I want running water again!
At least I do not feel alone in this as quite a few people's cistern lines froze and are still frozen!!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back