What's the weather in your area? 2014 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

fine and sunny again today......weather seems to be settling into some sort of familiar winter pattern hopefully......71F

John, good to hear that!
We are settling into more summer weather.... finally!

70F going up to 75 this afternoon.... bit less humidity ..humidex 84...
Cloudy with possible thunderstorms off and on all day....

I haven't even looked outside yet this morning but it's supposed to be nice until later in the day when the clouds shall return with some rain further south of us.

Having another blip in the weather today....
68F and another cloudy day.....going up to only 73F..... but still muggy!
Thunderstorms possible today........
Then it warms up tomorrow with a high of 77 and a high humidex

It got up to 78 degrees yesterday and we got some eastern type showers, those with loads of big drops. There was considerable flooding in Beaverton and Portland. I don't know the temperature yet but it is raining.

We have had some very nice weather, but it was really muggy for a couple of days, we are not used to that here! today was extremely windy all day as the presure was changing, we were supposed to get the rain Randy was talking about but nothing yet. We are nearly done our current round of renovations thank goodness! I have so much sorting and unpacking and organising to do, a few days of rain would really help with that!! keep me in the house and give me a break from watering. But then again we are doing a giant yard clean up this weekend, lot's of construction stuff to go to the landfill, so it would be nice to do that and stay dry.

40F last night......lotsa blankets!! have to turn up the heat on the waterbed....brrrr.....it was fine and sunny again today...72F, typical winter at long last.....will plant my bulbs and winter annuals this weekend

had two bad days of humidity and horrendous thunderstorms, but cool air came in last night, and now sunny with a pleasant breeze, no humidity....just a perfect day......its to stay like this and be 80's for the weekend, before the muggies and thunderstorms come back....

73F going up to 77 this afternoon......
Sunny with hazy skies......the humidity is starting to build up.......
Looks like we are settling into a long stretch of hot muggy weather.......
Will probably see thunderstorms develop later on today due to daytime heating.....

We had the unusual high humidity yesterday also and even though we stayed in the upper 70's it was uncomfortable. I woke to the pitter-patter of rain again this morning and the present temperature is 60 degrees.

The rain you had there caught up to us Randy. Poured last night, then on and off all day. Has really cooled off and the humidity is gone which I am glad of. I do not like it.
John..... we have apples from New Zealand in the store now, even though they come from half way around the world we look forward to them because they are (nearly) as good as our fresh ones in the fall. this way we get good apples right from June through winter. Spring all you can get is apples that have been held over from the fall and while they are all right, they are not as good as fresh!

It's going to be Hot Hazy and Humid today!
73F heading up into the 80's with a humidex of 95!
Thunderstorms possible later on today.....

another fine sunny day here, hopefully typical winter weather patterns are here to stay for a while......cool westerly wind blowing which is keeping the temps down......71F
Janet we're in the midst of our peak apple growing season here too, there seems to be a different variety every season lol. We can't get NZ apples here as they have a disease called fire blight therefore they're banned as AUS. doesn't have this problem......I had about a dozen apples on my small tree until the possum family found them!!...they left me one which was very kind of them:rolleyes:

Last edited:
had a beautiful day here today....80 and no humidity......the humidity is coming in on monday and will be here for most of the week....yuk

bit breezy today but fine and sunny 73F .......@Trax try and get some pics of your plants please!:D

Hi! :D I was shooting photos of the plants last weekend and now that I have my new banana plants, I'll be shooting photos of those too. When done, I'll start a new thread in the veggie section and post the photos. Just watch for a thread titled "Trax Veggies 2014". :D
Btw, I'll label the photos to make it easier to see what each of the plants are. Except the Beefmaster, Brandywine, and Cherry tomatoes. Those got mixed so I don't really know which plant is which.

It stormed last night but it's only overcast today (and looking stormy). It's 82*F and that was the high with more storms possible tonight.
I got 2 new banana plants (2-3' tall) and a Voodoo Lily to plant today. Since the Voodoo Lily's a corpse flower, I think I'll pot that one so I can move it when the flower starts stinking everything up, LOL. The bananas will def be in-ground, one in full-sun, the dwarf red banana plant in the shade. It doesn't tolerate a lot of sunlight.

its going to be a hot one today.......88.......humidity isnt bad tho......but will come in later tonight with a vengenance.....ugh....

Will love to see your photos Joss!

77F with overcast skies....
Not much of a wind...the lake is calm...
Going up to 81 with a humidex of 95...
60% chance of thunderstorms at any time, all day.....

@Trax hey can't wait to see your pics...my nana is now over 6ft tall.....have you grown a V/lily before? they really smell! :D
windy and cool again today 70F........41F tonight!!:eek:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back