My banana project

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

It seems the only thing I can feed these days are the 5 teens who hang around. My plants are looking quite nice. Here they are. I haven't named them yet....but I AM getting attached to them :p. But I'm thinking Gloria is one name. Ernest may be another name. But I have SIX. Maybe I should call octamom.......I like that George Foreman named all of his kids George ~ Guess you don't forget their NAMES :) ~ Curbster

Attachments

• #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 211
  • #2.jpg
    #2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 214
  • #3.jpg
    #3.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 206
  • #5.jpg
    #5.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 230
  • # 7.jpg
    # 7.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Awesome banana plants, Curbie! :)
My Ice Cream banana pup's still alive and the stem looks healthy. I prolly cut it off too high up so now I have it cut so there's only about 2 inches of stem. I'll find out if that can work. If it doesn't I'll buy another banana plant, lol.

Oh....never buy another banana tree! LOL! HOW can I order tomato plants and get banana plants??? Well, that's a curb for ya :) ~ Curbster

It's time to order another banana plant. That one died 1 hour after I cut it. That should not have happened... it's totally weird.

Or I might let Curbie order some tomato plants for me! :D I love tomato plants with huge leaves that make bananas! :)
Anyway, I'm ordering one tonight and I'm def gonna pot it up and grow it inside! :D

Wot am I doing? Tomatoes reigning bananas... Hey, I have to tell you ~ I SO want to order these raspberries and a hanging strawberry plant. But I wonder if it's worthwhile now. Opimions (that's spelled wrong but it sure is funny:) HOW do I mess up spelling ALL the time? Maybe I should put my contacts in....) :) ~ Crubs

Trax bummer about your baby going to the big compost heap in the sky, hope your tomatoes do really well.
Curbie those banana babies look really healthy, great job raising them!

Thanks Wombat. Nothing like knowing, nothing about anything. They're outside :) and I guess somehow there will be room for them....inside. I wonder if the hamster would like to sleep with them? I HAVE A GREAT idea ~ Oh, no.....that would be a stupid idea. I can't put them on the boat. MAYbe....gosh am i struggling? MAYBE, I can put ONE in the bedroom with the Christmas cactus. HEY! I'll put them in the garage (but we don't HAVE a garage....) Yep. work in progress (guess which ones :) ) ~ Curbster

You won't believe this ~ you ABSOLUTELY won't believe this.... if you want to laugh, please do...I don't mind. I couldn't believe it myself. MTM brought home a gift for me......sit down and laugh..... you just have to laugh at this.....I thought, " A KITTEN!" "George thought you might like this when he was delivering mail to an apartment.....so he gave it to me .." IT IS A BANANA TREE! ~ oh..... I feel like I should start to sell t-shirts ~ suntan lotion~ beach towels. Now I have 7 in MARYLAND. "BUT YOU have a knack for banana trees!" oh boy...... BananaMama :)

Wow 'NanaMama what can I say?:D If I wasn't so far away I'd take them off your hands in an instant.....does young Crabber need any more nanas by any chance?;)

These things weigh WAY too much to be shipped to Florida or Australia from Maryland. They are all about 3' tall plus the pots.......WHO started this silly idea???? WHY do I have more banana trees than anyone else? (i don't live where they're supposed to live...) HER NAME is EMMA! :) ~ Curbie

WHO started this silly idea???? WHY do I have more banana trees than anyone else? :) ~ Curbie

*Holds up hand* :p Congrats on the new banana tree, Curbie! :) Btw, I've been letting my dwarf Cavendish have more light and now it's growing again and making new leaves! :D It's growing so fast now I might needa put it in a bigger pot, yay!

Also, I've thought and thought and thought and thought... and I def decided I'm gonna order more banana trees but only 8 foot dwarfs so I can grow them all indoors!
And my small hibiscus bush is doing awesome too! I'm glad I didn't plant the hibiscus seeds yet that Treva sent me cause they woulda died in this heat. But I'm def gonna grow them indoors!
You guyz are the best! :) And I needa start doing things for you too.

Nobody needs to thank any of us for anything, Trax. This is like a Farmer's Market. People share and give. Please do not give your heat to me :) I don't nkow what kind this new banana tree is but it IS HEALTHY. I think sharing seeds is a great idea. SandiB sent me cucmber seeds and the plant (outside) is doing great. I love to plant nasturiums b/c we can eat them and use them as decoration. Nasturiums do not produce bananas. :) ~ NanaMama

:) Well, I decided to wait till fall to mail anything anyway. If I sent anything now it would arrive fried, baked, scorched, melted, or just ashes, LOL! :eek: I'll have to wait till fall to order anything too... same reasons.
Btw, have you ordered any monkeys yet to help eat all the bananas? :D

No I have not but I have a hamster so it think the hamster can eat bananas. Gosh :) would I get in trouble "HEY HONEY LOOK what I GOT TODAY:) ! it's a MINKEY! Now don't worry...they always come back home. Love you :)" Gosh, I wonder how many monkeyshines I have pulled? "HEY! THIS is a GREAT idea!ALL we have to do to keep the monkey safe so, rip up the deck and build a tree out of it. " WHY do we have a monkey now? " Officer, thank you for returning my neighbor's monkey. I'll give it back to her. :) This monkey comes over here ALL the time." MTM, LOOK what I<<<< found today! ANOTHER MINKEY! now they can have babies.....woohoo! :) ~ Curbie

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back