The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

So see..... :) oh and there really is a song about someone whom behaves such as yourself/myself ~ it has to do with someone getting run over with a reindeer or a brick wall. :) Curbie

Well, Curbie, I remember that song about Grandma getting run over by a reindeer, but I don't recollect anything about Grampa getting run over. LOL I wore the hat agin this evening to a caroling party. There was another fellow there with a Santa hat on but mine outclassed him. People are asking me where I got the hat and I tell them it came from a friend of mine in MD.

Laurie, I just showed MF the picture I posted and she hadn't seen it with the words on it. She laughed pretty hard.

'Rotten Woman' to 'friend' ~ guess I'm on my way up in the world ~ LOL! I am so pleased you are enjoying that daggone thing so much. ~ :) Curb

I have been enjoying it, Miss Curbie. I did greet one woman as she was exiting the market, and she moved her mouth slightly but apparently was afraid to smile. But she was certainly the exception and not the rule. The one that took the cake though was the woman that I approached from behind as she talked to her husnad/boy friend ahead of her. As I passed, she stopped in mid-sentence and burst into peals of laughter.

Isn't it wonderful to have folks be happy ~ all year round? My 93 y/o Dad said something very significant today to me...."If we are raised with a warm heart and a warm home, we will all be fine folks." So OF COURSE......someone(that's me) said,"so why did you yell at me for breaking the aquarium in the bathroom sink and the gravel and the goldfish went down the drain?" God bless him b/c he said,"AND YOU turned out to be just fine." Warmth and nicest ~ :) Curbie

I feel that my Dad is one of the most wise folks I have ever had the opportunity to know. He truly knows just about everything about science, but not a thing about life until my Mom passed away. He re-married and then wife#2 passed away. My sister and her son have both passed away. One day, when he said at the nursing home (in front of a nurse),"CAN YOU believe I got stuck with YOU<<<<?" I commented........."maybe it could be worse........BET I CAN MAKE IT WORSE......" and bless this nurse who said,"YEAH ~ YOU COULD HAVE ME AS A DAUGHTER." :) Curbie

Yeah, that's pretty good. Nurses do have a better sense of humor than most doctors do, but I have seen some doctors that could laugh also. One of the people at the nursing home I visit is a doctor, but he doesn't stick around long when he comes in where I am. He will leave and come back several times.

I still believe that People treat you the way treat them. My Dad was in this nursing home 3 times before we catually 'moved him' into it. I have made an idiot out of myself more than once but they know (and I continue to reinforce with my Dad) that some people care and some people don't. The nuses recieved 10 dozen carnations when they got my Dad healthy enough to go to Assisted Living ~ now Dad is permanently in the nursing home. The Assisted Living nurses received gifts when we were supposed to be having lunch with my Dad and brought all the food SO.....the staff got the food while we followed the ambulance to the hospital. If your eyes are the window to your soul ~ then your soul is a reflection of whom you have become. ~ :) Curbie

Randy, I'm sure working to be good, and if we don't meet up on this big old earth, maybe I'll be honored to meet you when we both get to heaven.

Rhonda, hope it warms up a bit for you for Christmas. I'm right there with you and can do without that white cold stuff. Down here all it means is no one will drive in it to come home for Christmas dinner;O) Great to be hearing from you......don't be such a stranger!!

I forgot to use the right message place to post a photo.

Thanks for that photo Randy. It will keep me smiling all the way through the stores today for the 'great last minute shopping trip'. Have to get cold stuff that I want fresh and a couple of stocking stuffer yet. I'm not looking forward to this trip to town but that huge coffee cup and corkscrew hat will keep me happy for awhile, just thinking about it:eek:)

I had that hat on again today when I had to pick up a couple more things at the market. This one lady was bending over looking through some stuff and when she raised up, I was next to her. She broke into a big smile and thanked me. She said she needed that. I'd be willing to bet that she was pretty stressed over the holidays. I also had an opportunity to give a veteran one of the little cards that Curbie sent me. He was the right age for a Viet Nam vet, I expect. But he thanked me for the card and his family, three others, showed up at that moment and the subject changed to "the hat". It has really been worth wearing it though because of all the smiles it generates. I didn't tell the vet that I too was a vet, but it wasn't necessary anyway.

I was at the grocery store Chrisymas Eve Day by 9AM and had the best time. It was more crowded than I have EVER seen (I was clever b/c I went early????). I had a list but I wandered around like I had never been there before ~ talk about exercise.....now i forgot..... Seriously, between dodging carts and folks and waiting in line, I finally went to the deli and asked for a sample of ham (I was starving<<<<) plus I needed sour cream. My favorite singin' cashier said," if you don't sing with me i may go postal....." OH! My HUSBAND is a mailman. He said ~ "I asked you to sing, not tell me your life story b/c>>> I <<< am in a bad mood." LET IT SNOW ~ nope...Dasher and Dancer and those other deer ~ JOY TO THE WORLD! The lady behind me said,"You two should go on the road." The cashier said,"She is trying to get rid of us." She said,"Oh no ~ sing more." I began to sing Happy Birthday and THE LADY behind me said.....TODAY is my BIRTHDAY. So we sang happy birthday and the cashier and I danced. She said,"THIS is a perfect gift for me." Little things in life relieve many people's stress. We never know what others are going through ~ one person ~ make one person laugh and have some joy, every day.~365... And it IS contagious :)

It is contagious. I just watched an old movie last night with Gary Cooper in it. It was called "Meet John Doe". It's sort of a corny movie along the same line as "It's a Wonderful Life" and done by the same director (Frank Capra). But it demonstrated how contagious good will was. Like I told my family, it is sort of corny, but I love corn.

Our garbage man comes through the t/houses and now sings. One day he said to me:"I think I just ran over your cat........i hate cats...." So I said:"If YOU ran over my cat....now I will hate you ~ and I know the number of this truck." We laughed together so hard when the cat appeared out of the bushes. He said:"Missed that daggone cat AGAIN<<<<!" He had no sense of humor 20 years ago when we moved in but now he honks the horn at the wee ones on our street and they wave to "Mr.Reds, the Garbage Man." So.....he has passed it along. People treat you the way you treat them. ~ :) Every time I hear a bell, I think of an angel got it's wings. ~ Curb :)

Yeah, that one makes me smile. On GF there was a gal who went by "Zuzu's Petals" and I always had to smile on that one too. Love that movie.

I don't know that movie but I watched (well, sort of watched) The Ghost and Mrs. Muir this afternoon ~ WOT a love story! What is Zuzu's Petals about if you can share ~ Hope you all have had Happy Holidays ~ :) Curb

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back