The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

As many as I would like, kind sir ~ See, sharing is a good thing :) ~ I do believe, I do believe ~ :) My name is Curbster, sir ~ :) Curbie

I told a younger couple about the music I received from you too. That's where one of those cards went. The fellow's Dad is a WW2 vet and I gave it to him to give to his Dad. We also spoke of MF's uncle who is gone now, but he was a genuine medal earning hero. He was awarded the Silver Star and a couple of Purple Hearts in the Pacific island hopping back then. He was a marine captain and a company commander.

Miss Dorothy, I was digging around in my box of hardware that I am too cheap to throw away and I found three possibilities. I need to try them now and see if they work. In the meantime, can you find out how large your present hard drive is? I would like to exceed that capacity if I have a drive that will do it.

Miss Dorothy, I was digging around in my box of hardware that I am too cheap to throw away and I found three possibilities. I need to try them now and see if they work. In the meantime, can you find out how large your present hard drive is? I would like to exceed that capacity if I have a drive that will do it.

Thank you so much Randy. I will check it today to see what the size of the hard drive is. I am no sure about it.

ok........tell us what you're sure about :)........ I had some of the nicest things happen to me today (is this the right thread?) I made 2 new friends and I am thriller-ed than thrilled. Is one lady is from Pakistan so we gotto speaking about her country. She said,"NEVER go back ~ I will never go back...." We have been trying to sponsor someone from Sierra Leone for YEARS<<<< To get a green card and then citizenship here must be mind-boggling. We keep sending in papers and money and when this lady's Mom died, I said to hubby ~ SHE HAS to go HOME to Sierra Leone! But if she went home, she could not return to US. Mabel is a true treasure for the US. She makes peanut butter soup. She took care of hubby's Mom until the hours after hubby's Mom passed away. Mabel said to me."This lady is dead tonight" and she was right. We had barely gotten home and the phone rang. The most generous kindhearted person you could meet. I don't understand prejudice. :) Curb

Curbie, I gave a unit of blood today and I wore that crazy hat you gave me over top where they had the bloodmobile. I got smiles, snickers, and comments. I told several people I was an elf. I'm going to wear it to the nursing home tomorrow morning. Actually, tomorrow is a pretty busy day. I have a dental appointment in the afternoon and an event at the church tomorrow night that I need to shoot some pictures at. That hat fits well and it is a nice warm one besides. That spiral on the top does bump the top of the car though. Might have to remove it while driving. LOL

It was raining here on Sunday and I wore mine to a party but I could NOT get my raincoat hood over it ~ nothing like showing up drenched! I'm glad you're enjoyinh it. Hubby has aBIUT 10 Holiday hats he wears while delivering the mail. He has a herd of holiday ties he wears also ~ one has The 3 Stooges with their tongues stuck to a flagpole. Some sing, some light up. We tend to be a bit goofy around here :) Curbie

We tend to be a bit goofy around here :) Curbie

Naw! You're puttin' me on. I wore it to the nursing home this morning. People just can't keep from laughing or at least smiling. That fake mistletoe on the top did get me a smooch on the cheek from a young lady though. Pretty cool!

Miss Curbie, I wore the hat today to the nursing home where I was gifted with a smooch on the cheek. That think makes so many people smile laugh and comment. One young lady today stopped for me to cross in front of her and she honked at me and rolled her window down and said, "Love that hat!" And she gave me a 'thumbs up'. That thing creates enough joy that it is really worth wearing. It's funny though, I will get a reaction from guys I know, but if I don't know them, there is little reaction. But the gals are pretty vocal whether I know them or not. You have created a bit of a stir clear out here on the west coast.

Miss Dorothy, I have an external hard drive that works and it has a USB connection, so you would need an open port to plug it in. I have another one that I haven't finished checking yet that has a 'Firewire' connection. So I will need to know if you have either or both of those available on your computer. How old is your computer, by the way? I do have a card to install inside a computer if you have a PCI slot available inside if we opt for the Firewire connection. I'll see if I can finish checking that out tomorrow.

Miss Dorothy, I have an external hard drive that works and it has a USB connection, so you would need an open port to plug it in. I have another one that I haven't finished checking yet that has a 'Firewire' connection. So I will need to know if you have either or both of those available on your computer. How old is your computer, by the way? I do have a card to install inside a computer if you have a PCI slot available inside if we opt for the Firewire connection. I'll see if I can finish checking that out tomorrow.

I have the USB connnection Randy but I don't have any idea about the Firewall or PCI slot. I bought this PC from SYSCO. My daughte'sr friend works there and they were getting rid of the old computers and I bought one for $85I would have to take it to someone to get the internal one installed or I am sure with some help the first time my son would be able to do it for me. He is a mechanic by trade but is a very good handyman. I have had it since 2008 but I am sure SYSCO didn't have it too long if they were like AT&T. Only a couple a years. I am going into that room and check it out right now.

Me.............create a stir???? I'm glad you're wearing it well. WHY don't I know anything about a computer????? There's a muhse and this screen and a keyboard. YOU two are magnificent. Randy, take a field trip to Texas. You said something that made me say,"ahhhhhhh"....leaky eyes. May I please say something else ~ it has to do with those Christmas letters we get. The pronouns folks use really show who they are. I don't do one, but some folks continually use,"I" but someone sent one who continually used "We" and "Us" and "Our". I was very impressed ~ he is a fine person. ~ :) Curbie

I never thought of it that way, Curbie. That's a good way to see it.

Miss Dorothy, you have given me enough information now to dictate a direction. The external hard drive I will send you has a nominal 300 gigabytes of storage capacity. I say 'nominal' because I think it is 279 actually. But you will be able to use this one without having anyone get into your computer. It came with a software disc, but I don't think you need it, but I will send the disc along with it anyway. If you used the disc though, it will automatically set up backup sessions and in a week or two, the hard drive will be filled up. Once we determine how much material you need to back up, we can develop a backup strategy. Your first backup will indicate how to best do the job.

Randy
I need help on how to back up my pc on to my external hard drive. Is that something that you could help me back up? Please let me know.
I love reading Randy's letters every yr.
Off the subject. I got a few splinters in my thumb yesterday afternoon from a pallet. I think I got them out. I looked under a magnifying glass last night and didn't see any. I got up this am and one spot on my thumb is swollen and infected. The nurse is having me soak it a few times a day in hot water and she gave me a tetanus shot today. Man, does my arm hurt tonight. Got to go see her again tomorrow she wants to look at my thumb and also my arm where she gave me the shot. Not sure why she wants to look at the injection site.

Hey, I have something else to say and then i'm done. When someone writes :" The actual date is immaterial. May your homes be filled with joy....." Doesn't that give us all a lesson? Shoot, I just fell off my soap bpx ~ daggone....later :) Curbie

What a blessing you are!!! Always helping someone out. I'd like to check out your home in heaven 40 years from now and see the setup. Betcha you'll get the best room in the mansion. Got your lovely Christmas letter today and have been waiting for it:eek:) What a joy you and your family are. Thank you for being my friend.......you always make me feel great!! Marie

I'm going to root around and see what I have in my boxes down here in the basement, Marie. If I have a good drive and enclosure, I'll see if Miss Dorothy needs one for backing up her stuff.

Probably not any more fishy that the others that crawled out of the woodwork after the first one appeared. The media sure digs deep to get the trash on those poor folks that thinks they are smart enough to hide the dirt from them;o)

Hey, what do you all think about this idea ~ I'm going to say I had an affair with Tiger Woods.......I think I may be #13 and that could be unlucky though :) Think they'd think there was something fishey about it? ~ Curbie

Curbie, sounds like the same person I got one from today. Always brings a little moisture to my eye to know there are still close knit families like that around.

Laurie, you take care of that splinter wound!!! Doesn't take long for one to get infected and we don't want you sick over Christmas!!!

Had to make a trip to the dentist today to get a few spots ground off the new dentures but my mouth is a bit less sore already so he did good!!
Said I might be able to have a bite of ham by Christmas:eek:)

Ya'll come on down to Texas, I have a freezer stuffed with food and we'll have a cookout if ya'll come on during a dry spell. Don't come tomorrow, it's started raining today and will for the next 3 days according to the mighty weather channel:eek:)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back