Various pretties

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Thank you Tonya. I pulled out my notes and the Astilbe is Bridal Veil, Amethyst, Purple Candles, Pumila, and three mixed Arendsii. Hope yours knocks your socks off next year!!!

Here are a couple Hardy Glads...now I am going outside to play!!!
SAM_0771.jpg

SAM_0772.jpg

SAM_0824.jpg

SAM_0851.jpg

This is something new and I love it...Jupiter's Beard...I am starting to collect its little seeds...they get these little umbrella like things so they can fly away...I am hoping to collect them before they do.
SAM_0626.jpg

SAM_0628.jpg

SAM_0630.jpg

I think this is Munstead Lavender...please let me know if I am wrong because I honestly don't remember.
SAM_0844.jpg

Here are some more....1. Rose Champion I wintersowed. 2, 3, 4, 5 are Pacific Giant Primerose. 6 and 7 is something we call lemondrop...not sure if that is a proper name or not and the last one is a cute little Lily of the Valley and a stinker of a dandelion.
SAM_0765.jpg

SAM_0654.jpg

SAM_0519.jpg

SAM_0653.jpg

SAM_0518.jpg

SAM_0798.jpg

SAM_0799.jpg

SAM_0514.jpg

Here are a couple more...I am a little disappointed...one of my new coneflowers was suppose to be Green Gem but it is not...It's a White Double Decker. I did not have one of those so am still happy to have it...but I still want the Green Gem :) The first Milkshake Coneflower has opened and it looks alot like Coconut lime. It is the first bloom and has barely opened so gonna give it a bit before I decide what I think of it. I saw a Tiki Torch at the nursery that made me squeal...but it was just too expensive...hoping I will find one on sale!!
SAM_0983.jpg

SAM_0990.jpg

Here are some things that I wintersowed a couple years back. I am excited to do this again this year. Hopefully my back will hold up getting all my tender bulbs pulled and stored this fall...that is how I ripped my disc last year. First one is Fuji Blue Balloon Flower
SAM_0982.jpg

Hello Yellow and Orange Butterfly Weed ... getting ready to collect a ton of seed from this. I think I had some white of this I wintersowed in 2009...Ice Ballet...will have to take a look!!
SAM_0887.jpg

SAM_0888.jpg

Some Aster....its a pretty funky picture
SAM_0947.jpg

I found it...I had it filed under Yarrow (which is what is growing behind it). This is one year younger than the yellow and orange Butterfly Weed.
Ice Ballet
SAM_0912.jpg

SAM_0913.jpg

Ok Kyra. I usually get a ton of babies but they are always the purple. My friend, Jane, said that you can't get the hybrids from the seed so how do they propagate them? I know they sell hybrid seed but all the ones I have gotten in trade have ended up the purple so I am thinking that maybe she is correct. Will let you know if I ever get any babies.

My guess is that they propagate the hybrids with tissue culture, then they would get the same genetic content as the parent.

Oh wow Jade...that is way over my head...lol! Is that something I can do in my backyard garden? Sounds like something you would do in a sterile lab.

a friend sent me some white seeds and i ws them and they bloomed purple, i was bummed

White Swan is one of the few I have been able to grow from seed. I am still collecting and trying. I always have a ton of purple to pass around to my friends at work. I am populating Pickaway County with purple coneflower...lol!!
Here are a couple more ws blooms. First one Rudbeckia Indian Summer. Its one of my favorite things I have grown!!
SAM_0915.jpg

And Orange Blackberry Lily. I would love to grow other colors. I love the way the bloom is all twisted and has to uncurl. Gloria I think you got some of these seeds in the Round Robin. Hope they grow well for you!!
SAM_0945.jpg

SAM_0946.jpg

Here are some of my lilies from this year. The Asiatic are done and gone :( The Daylilies are still going strong :) I found some Oriental this year on clearance...can't wait for them to bloom next year!
SAM_0700.jpg

SAM_0730.jpg

SAM_0759.jpg

SAM_0757.jpg

SAM_0840.jpg

SAM_0832.jpg

SAM_0839.jpg

SAM_0838.jpg

beautiful, u must have a huge yard,
the deer love my daylily buds and the red lily bugs love my lilies

Thanks Laurie. I really don't have a "yard". I have a front field and a back field...lol!! About eight acres in total. The deer don't bother my flowers much...they have taken out a few young trees though. The rabbits on the other hand love to munch my flowers. I don't mind much because they bring me so much enjoyment watching them.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back