Welcome Members from GH

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Hi Sunflower glad you found us and your old friends here. It sure is great to see all these new folks stopping by. Karen tell all your friends where you are and invite them to stop by, the more the merrier.

Sunflower, so glad you joined us. Y'all she is a great person and will be an asset to GF. Welcome my friend.

Welcome Karen and Meg so glad you joined us. It is a great place here with lots of wonderful people.

I am a GH dis-placed/transplant also. Coming to GF feels nice..seeing many of my GH family here makes me feel like I am "home".
I have been busy w/grandsons for a few weeks but have some time now to look around GF and get to know where everything is and start posting.
Hey to all my GH buds!! xoxo
And nice to meet all my new GF friends =)

Hmmm

Is there a cocktail hour around here?
If you really feel the need ..go ahead!!! But.. stay home, lock the doors and behave! Do not throw things, do not yell loudly and for goodness sakes don't try and cook anything! It's really wise to have adult supervision! LOL
I kinda know how you feel to an extent. I made one last post at GH tonight. It is the closure for me. Why it feels like a death in the family..I don't know but I'm sure glad Bob opened this site when he did.

Gloria, thank you for that final post! I don't go out when I drink. I don't want to be around other drunks, and God-forbid, smokers! Sorry about that to any smokers. There's nothing worse than an ex smoker....and that's me, approaching ten years.

I'm glad you added to Ron's obituary. I haven't posted anything because I don't want to explode in some inappropriate way. I figure I would do well to hold my tongue and find some other way to vent. Thank you for your support, and for the appreciation. I never thought I would have to consider what "trash" might feel like when I throw it in our dumpster here. I sort of feel like I've been thrown in a dumpster. Life goes on. Things happen for a reason. I'm sure that better things will happen. They already are.

Here's to toasting Ron and Gloria!!!!!!!! Their obits were perfect! I'm glad you were both so honest! For the record, Gloria, it wasn't months of content. We lost everything from at least a year. Everything from the official launch until now is gone.

Cheers to you, Susan...but one correction..at gh we lost more than a year, we lost all of the past from the 5 years I was on and more. I don't how long you were there before that but there is not a smidge of anything to show all the years of dedication. It's a shame and disgrace!!!!! Well, I am very happy the G-Forums is here and I intend to give it my all.

You are right, my friend....I didn't consider what was lost when we made the switch to that new set up. You are right.............it was downhill from the start. But yes, I think we all put our all in from the start of the site.

You know, though, my dear friend, that old saying "What goes around, comes around" couldn't be truer. People will find out, and then........well, you know!

I don't how long you were there before that but there is not a smidge of anything to show all the years of dedication...

Sure there is... You've got this whole group of friends, whether you're on that forum or this one. You've had good times together, and gotten to know one another.

The forum has also passed on a lot of gardening knowledge. You've probably all learned something from it, as well as taught somebody else something.

It's really no different than writing a column in a magazine or a newspaper. The info gets distributed, folks read it and learn, and then, for the most part, the paper gets tossed. That doesn't mean the knowledge is gone...

So don't despair, I think you accomplished a lot more than you give yourself credit for.

Gloria, you and some of the others deserve all the blame for turning me into an obsessed tropical plant and flower fanatic!!!!!!!!!!! And to think, just about 5 years ago, I didn't even know what a tropical plant looked like, much less how to grow one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thrilled....I'm not sure my husband is as happy about the way plants have become more vital to our existence than the furniture!!!!!!! Oh well.....He'll get over it!

Gloria, you and some of the others deserve all the blame for turning me into an obsessed tropical plant and flower fanatic!!!!!!!!!!! And to think, just about 5 years ago, I didn't even know what a tropical plant looked like, much less how to grow one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what I'm talking about. This is a perfect example of somebody coming to a forum and learning from it. It doesn't matter that the posts went away, she's already learned what she needed to know.

BTW - I know from the log files that nearly all visitors only read the most recent posts. Occasionally, very occasionally, somebody will search on a specific subject and go back into the archives. But most messages get about 95% of all the traffic they'll ever see in the first two weeks after they get posted.

So there was plenty of good done on that forum.

Meanwhile, if you'll excuse me, I need to order more exclamation marks, the forum may be running low. ;)

Hi everybody. Long time no see. :) I got a message from Gloria the other day directing me to this site. I hadn't been to GH in nearly a year, and was kinda sad to see it so abandoned, so I'm glad I found this site! About a year ago when GH moved to the new server, I got a new job. That job has me sitting at a computer all day, so I'm not online much at home anymore. That was the main reason I stopped visiting GH. So you probably won't see me around here much, but I'm glad the gardening community is still going strong. One of these days I'll make time to drop by and smell the digital roses. :)
--Sharry

My computer has plenty of exclamation marks!

Thanks, Bob!!!!!!!! There's only one bad thing about learning about stuff from other gardeners. It gives you the "gimme's." You go around thinking you gotta have this, and you gotta have that, and then there's that Eureka moment! No wonder my bank account is so low!!!!!!!!! Ah....life is so hard when you're obsessed about plants! I wouldn't have it any other way, though.

Gloria, I love you, and I'm thrilled I met you. Remember how we met and where!

Good to see you, Sharry Lynn! Stop in when you have time, and you'll see many a familiar name. It's very pleasant here, and easy to navigate!

Hope to see you around more often!

Susan

Hi everybody. Long time no see. :) I got a message from Gloria the other day directing me to this site. I hadn't been to GH in nearly a year, and was kinda sad to see it so abandoned, so I'm glad I found this site! About a year ago when GH moved to the new server, I got a new job. That job has me sitting at a computer all day, so I'm not online much at home anymore. That was the main reason I stopped visiting GH. So you probably won't see me around here much, but I'm glad the gardening community is still going strong. One of these days I'll make time to drop by and smell the digital roses. :)
--Sharry

Hi Sharry Lynn good to see you stopping by if only for a little while. I saw your name on a bubble envie in my seed statch a few days ago and wondered what you were up to. Dor aka Grannyrose

Sure there is... You've got this whole group of friends, whether you're on that forum or this one. You've had good times together, and gotten to know one another.

The forum has also passed on a lot of gardening knowledge. You've probably all learned something from it, as well as taught somebody else something.

It's really no different than writing a column in a magazine or a newspaper. The info gets distributed, folks read it and learn, and then, for the most part, the paper gets tossed. That doesn't mean the knowledge is gone...

So don't despair, I think you accomplished a lot more than you give yourself credit for.

You are absolutely right Bob, and thanks for opening my eyes. Luckily, we have been able to bring the biggest majority of our gardening friends with us to Gardenforums and making new ones everyday. I think this site will be a bigger hit than that other site ever thought about.
Sorry for all the exclaimation points..I get excited at times!! :D I'll try and use a few more periods when I can. :eek:

Last edited:
Cyndy, it's good to see you here! I hope we'll see you here more often now! I think you'll like it! It's warm, friendly and very simple and easy to use. I'm glad you joined us!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back