What's the weather in your area? 2014 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

No rain here, but they are threatening rain for Friday. Today was another partly cloudy day with a high of 75 degrees.

we had a good rainfall over night last night, and a bit more this morning, and it gave everything a really good soaking. It cleared out for the afternoon and was very nice. saw a beautiful rainbow :) found some fresh sugar snap peas from California at the store today....not quite as good as home grown but awfully darn good!! eating lots of cherry tomatoes already too...love growing them in hanging baskets, they seem to ripen far sooner. the other thing I do have growing is lettuce lots of different kinds in a big planter on the deck. and some dill and chives and parsley.... even in non garden times I have to have some things to eat out of the yard!

Only 58 here this morning. With high to be 78. Then temps to drop and calling for actual rain for a few days...GRRR my peppers are not happy

Rained a bit early this morning.
Expecting thunderstorms off and on all day, and into tomorrow!
64F going up to 70 this afternoon....
No discernable breeze and the lake is calm....
Looks like whatever Trax gets weather-wise we get a few days later!!!
A rainfall warning was issued yesterday so we will probably get way too much rain over the next 2 days!!

Working on cleaning up the veggie garden and turning the soil... need to empty my compost bins and spread it over the garden.....will be planting my toms, peppers, zucchini, cucs and parsley plants this weekend....... Yes! I'm 3 weeks behind this season!!!

I'm about 3 weeks behind too, Ron. My daughter wanted to learn how to drive the tractor and till the garden so I had to wait for her. We are almost done with the planting now though.

It is about 55 degrees outside now and expected to climb to 80 this afternoon.

@ Ron: If you get whatever I get a few days later then grab your boat! It's like an inland hurricane outside! :eek:

It's 64*F, storming, lightning everywhere and massive thunder! The rain was blowing almost sideways all night and it will be storming and raining all day today with a high of 84*F. I thought the storms were over but... no. Back to the upside-down planet!

Trax
Hoping your latest system will head more north next time!!!

Thunder and rain last evening with a twister warning issued for the ENE of us! No touchdowns were reported!!
More of the same all day today....right now we are just cloudy with light winds out of the south.
66F and might get up to 70 this afternoon.....with a humidex of 84!
Should see a bit of sun every now and then between rain/thunderstorm cells...
Our first heat wave will begin on Sunday with temps in the mid to high 80's for next week with humidex in the 90's!

most flowering plants over here are 3 weeks behind.......up in maine as well......too cold spring....
I see toms planted around....but we havent had that good hot weather that makes them grow......herbs in pots are doing ok.....I never have luck planting seeds, but I see the cilantro I planted is starting to strout......

we only hit 74 here yesterday...calling for rain today by noon...HA...I am on my way to Brooks to weed for an elderly couple...praying the rain holds off till later

We are going to have some clouds over the next few days but not the rain that was forecast earlier. High temperatures will remain in the high 60's and mid 70's.

Randy did you get hit today? I was on French Prairie Road, by the gardens...weeding and boy oh boy did we get some hard down pours.. Same up here once I got home. what a weird weather day

It's muggy this morning!
Cloudy and 68F ...going up to 72 this afternoon..
Might see some sun later on today......
30% chance of rain.....

Yes, we did, Debe. There was a light sprinkle when I started out yesterday morning about 11:00 and before I got home from my errands we had a fair amount of rain. It continued to rain lightly through the afternoon.

Coldfront finally passed through last evening...
54F with thin overcast..
Light winds out of the NW...
Only going up to 68 this afternoon:(

finally the rain stopped after 4 days.......I was ready to build an arc......mostly cloudy but a nice breeze....and peaks of sunshine.....

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back