What's the weather in your area? 2014 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Hang on, Ron! Spring is almost here and that means thawing and water.
It's gotta be all the CO2 and methane cause it's been a really weird winter here too. Temps keep coming in warm and cold waves and the weather guessers are always 5-15 degrees off with their predictions. No way I'd trust them to predict spring and summer but it should be interesting. :eek:

It's 55*F and we hit 73*F yesterday. Today's forecast is 78*F and sunny. But tomorrow we drop back into the 50's. Well, at least we got 2 days of spring. :D

30 this morning and grey......but sunshine later and maybe 50......that will help the melting.......still talk of snow tomorrow.....

37F and mostly sunny.
Light wind out of the SW...
Going up to 43F

Winter storm warning starting tonight and into tomorrow!
This one is intensifying over Kansas and will move south of Lake Erie...
Not sure what we will be getting, but will start as rain/wet snow and possible freezing rain turning over to snow by morning....
Will know more as it get closer...
Temp is expect to drop to 30 overinght and 28 by morning.
Winds will shift and come out of the N then NEthis evening and overnight.

58 today.......lots of melting going on....finally a spring like day.....only to be followed by rain, the diving temps tomorrow afternoon and back to snow.....ugh....we just cannot get a break...

Rain will melt the snow Woodie
They are calling for rain, sleet, ice and
up to 10+ inches of snow
still have about 2' on the ground

It got pretty cold last night and we had a hard frost, but when I saw the sky with no clouds this morning I knew we were going to have a nice day. I think we got up into the low 60's but I'm not sure. I had some repair work to do on the chicken pen and it was actually fun out there working and enjoying the sunshine. I'm ready for bed now though.

40 all night and lots more melting....I can almost see my deck now......north in the adirondacks are getting 12 - 18.....thats ski territory, so they can have it....we will get rain most of the day, then snow tonight.....4 to 8 more inches....

Blizzard conditions and it is only going to get worse!
Expecting 10+inches but with the winds there's going to be a lot of drifting!
The bulk of the snow will come this afternoon.
Winds expected ....40 to 50 mph out of the north with higher gusts possible..
31F will be slowly dropping to 7F overnight.....windchill -11F.

I haven't looked outside yet this morning but it is supposed to be much like yesterday with a few added degrees of temperature. I thought we made it to 60 degrees yesterday but the weather guessers said we stayed just below that.

oh boy Ron-be safe.......Im sure thinking of you tonight......we had rain all day, but the temps are dropping now, with freezing rain to come, then snow.....a wild night for sure........

It was a wild day here with blizzard conditons!
Can't say how much snow actually fell since it was blowing around into drifts!
The snow ended around 6pm but the winds continue to whip it around!
10F going down to 1F overnight.
Tomorrow's high will get up to 19F!!!!!
I'll be digging the car out again tomorrow after the winds die off!!

our weather has been same as Randy's the last 2 days have been very nice and I have been working at cleaning out my pond. I sure would like to have back the kind of energy I had 10 years ago!! We are supposed to have another nice day tomorrow, but looks like rain coming for the weekend.

we didnt get any snow.....guess it stayed all north of here.......its 12 tho and super windy......be careful in that nasty weather and shoveling out Ron....

8F and sunny!
Wind chill is -9F!
No winds..

I will Woodie!
There is a drift in front of the car a good 3 1/2ft high, but the rest of the driveway doesn't look too bad....will know more when I get out there to start digging!
I'll space out the shovelling, so I do not wear myself out!
Hope this is the last snowstorm, but I doubt it!
Looks like another snow storm by Tuesday next week!!!!!
Tomorrow's high of 39F is expected, 34F for Saturday.....

Yesterday was the first day this year that we got up into the 70's and it sure felt good. The clouds return today though and the weather guessers are saying we could have showers by early afternoon.

take your time Ron, dont overdo.......it was 25 windy and felt like zero all day........north NY got whipped......I also heard that oxford ME got whipped....thats where laurie took me to buy piper....thats ski country.....hope it missed you laurie.....maybe this is winters dying gasp......at least I hope so...

This has been the worse winter fir everyone. Glad we are south - it has been cold here off and on but I am sporting a tan, been golfing and wearing shorts a t- shirts. Spring is coming folks:).

I neighbor down the road came to clean my driveway so I didn't hve much shovelling to do....he charges $20 and it is well worth it!!
I would have been there all afternoon if he didn't come by to help!

Expcting a warm 43F for tomorrow so a lot of melting will happen!
19F but slowly going up overight!! Only problem with this wrm are coming in from the south is that we will be getting gale force winds out of the SW tomorrow starting mid morning!!
I was watching an area of open water from the blizzard Weds with the gale force winds out of the NE...must have broke up the ice 15 miles out.
You may notice I mention gale force winds....well... that is what they areat 50+ mph winds plus higher gusts ....which should help break up the ice on the lake!!!
I will be watching the break up tomorrow for sure!!!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back