Zinnia

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I bought some hot pink ones in six inch pots for 50 cents at Lowes on the discount table. I water them every other day until the start to look better then I will plant in a bed. I have so many different seeds of them too.

Attachments

• Assorted Zinnias.jpg
    Assorted Zinnias.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 318
I've got to try to get my seeds planted this weekend. Should have ws them early this yr.

My zinnas have not bloomed yet. They are planted in pots. I hope that hasn't stopped them from blooming. They are about 9 inches tall.

I haven't planted my annual seeds yet either, Laurie. It is just now getting warm. I still have to get the Cannas, Dahlias, and Glads in the ground also...have about 200 WS seedlings to get planted...looks like I am going to have a busy weekend.

I wanted to transplant a few thing's and sow a few more seed this weekend but it's raining again it's rained all night too..Look's like all weekend:(

We are going to have rain starting Tuesday for about a week so I am really trying to get everything planted this weekend. Got the Glad, Dahlias, and Cannas planted...I am beat. I'm gonna rest a bit and start on the WS seedlings. I can always pot the seeds in the garage next week while I watch it rain. Those purple Zinnia's are delicious...can't wait to see pics of them blooming!!

One more tiny little Zinnia this one has more of the purple color.

Attachments

• Mom's flowers 09 018.JPG
    Mom's flowers 09 018.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 316
Sharing a few more Zinnia's

Attachments

• MOMS FLOWERS 017.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 017.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 310
  • MOMS FLOWERS 018.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 018.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 314
  • MOMS FLOWERS 037.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 037.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 295
  • MOMS FLOWERS 038.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 038.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 303
I was just browsing through because I just joined this community today. I know this thread is from last year, but I just had to share that I picked up some of the "violet queen" and "envy" zinnias out of curiosity. They were just staring at me and I couldn't resist. This is my first year growing annuals by myself, but I believe they will be amazing! I was excited to see a thread about them....

I love Zinnia's but the Gaint Violet Queen didn't do as well as I thought it might.I was expecting a large bloom but they all turned out small.I saw Wal-Mart has a large assortment of Zinna seed's.:)

beautiful zinnias

I just bought a package of zinnia seeds in Turkey and will plant them in the PA mountains in June. Wish me luck!
:)

Rose White, author of
"Easy Gardens A to Z"

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back