Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. S

Heirloom rose has bugs or something

I am going to put down new mulch next month. hubby did use a fungicide. If rain holds off, he will spray again.
  2. S

Coping With Life's Changes

My parents just moved to Tennessee. They live 80 min away. Mom had always been independent. She has become needy.She is almost afraid to drive now. Have been to see her often to help unpack, ect. Since I am in poor health, all this traveling wears me out. I can't driveto the city, cause of back...
  3. S

Been away.....

I see an endocronologist in Knoxville. He said 1 in 10 has thyroid disease. That is scarey. Wonder what kind of chemicals/radiation in the water are making us so sick?
  4. S

Need Help with a Memory Garden

Fantasygal1 Would you like some pink coneflower or balsam?
  5. S

Been away.....

I have not been here in months. I have been diagnosed with an auto-immune disease, Hashimoto's thyroiditis. $$$$ worth of tests and Dr visits later, here I am. When the thyroid doesn't function right, that screws up entire body systems. The fatigue and legs cramps I had were soooo bad. I am...
  6. S

Side porch gets too hot, what to grow?

The side of the screened porch is so hot, plants are getting fried. Does anyone have ideas for what may grow in a zone 5/6 of NE TN? The space is about a foot wide and is next to asphault. I want the plants/bushes to stay under 2 feet tall.
  7. S

Heirloom rose has bugs or something

I have had this heirloom rose for 12 years. This year the leaves are curly towards base and have rust spots. first Hubby sprayed but that didn't help. So he severely pruned. Some of the bush is ok, even has buds. But lot's of it still have curled, crinkly leaves. Can anyone help? I don't want to...
  8. S

Hello from Charlotte NC

Welcome Kool. We are a nice group. I am just up the mountain in NE TN.
  9. S

Happy first day of spring

Spring brings on full blown hayfever for me. I have to wear a mask outside. Dr gave me steroid shot Wed. and I am feeling better.
  10. S

Trade my lily of valley for bee balm?

I would like to trade lily of the valley for some bee balm plants. I would like white or purple. The lily of the valley are from my great grannies farm. Dad planted them in the 70's and then moved some to their new house in 1992. Then I got a bunch for my house and I have lot's.:) I am needing...
  11. S

Gladiolus

I have some glads, but I leave in ground.
  12. S

Happy first day of spring

Happy Spring all!!! Sunny and 82 here. The Bradford Pear trees are blooming. I was outside and saw a frog at my pond.
  13. S

How to feed my iris

I have purple iris' peeking thru the ground. How do I feed them? And when? Also do I need to divide them?
  14. S

Tell us how you save money!!!

I always buy clothes off season. Like in the early winter, I check online for summer clothes. I look at store racks that are discounted too. I buy things I need at Dollar general, and they take coupons. I buy my craft supplies off ebay. My fil raises cattle, so I can have all the meat I want. I...
  15. S

Woodpeckers on the deck.

Nice pictures!
  16. S

About the Sunflower Cafe

My right ear still hurts. Dr gave me nepmycin drops. It has been a week and the ear pain is way deep. And this am I looked at my throat, I am sick. Still in bed sipping white tea with blackcurrant-mmmmm. Laurie get better. Tara
  17. S

About the Sunflower Cafe

I collect bone china tea cups. My nana gave me all hers in her will. Hers were brought over here from Scotland when she was young. Sometimes I find one at a rummage sale.
  18. S

Upcoming Spring Planting

I am going to cut down on my sunflowers this year. And replace that area with a heirloom cantalope. I am still deciding on a what kind to grow. And I have a variety of french pumpkin seeds to grow. My inlaws have a very large garden, so pumpkins will go up there. I have coneflower roots to...
  19. S

What do roses need to be healthy?

I put bone meal around my spring bulbs.
  20. S

Bird pictures

We have lots of junco, chickadees and female goldfinches. They eat most of the sunflowers seeds in one day. I have a feeder by my kitchen door. When they are feeding, I say, "Mi-Mi birdies" and she comes running.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back