Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. M

Aphids on my Chrysanthemums

I got little dark brown Aphids on My Standard Mums i Propagated from cuttings last fall. I sprayed them with Seven-all purpose spray. Been spraying off and on for a week now and they are still attacking the new growth!! Why is the Seven not Working? Today i even sprayed the under the leaves...
  2. M

Root a Flower Shop Carnation

Has anyone tried to Root a Large type Carnation from the Floral Shop?
  3. M

Safe Soap Spray for House plants

Like to try a Soap Spray recipe for my House Plants. What kind of dish soap etc, how much to a spray bottle?
  4. M

Gardening with Epson Salt

I hear there is a lot of benefits using Epson Salt in the Garden, never used it. I was reading it has a lot of Magnesium for greener plants. I have a local Rite Aid to buy it, is there a special kind to buy? or is Epson Salt just Epson Salt? Like to try some on my Indoor Plants. How much Salt to...
  5. M

What's the weather in your area? 2013 Edition

Sooooo cold I live in Michigan and it got down to -6 . Haven't had it that cold in 3 Years. One good thing is we only have gotten 8 inches of Snow for the Season. Normal Snowfall is about 45 inches, but the Winter is not over yet!! As i type this it is 2 above zero out BURRRRR!!!! THINK SPRING!!!
  6. M

Bring back Orange Tree from FL

I Left out i live in MI
  7. M

Bring back Orange Tree from FL

I need some tips on how to pack a Orange Tree in my Luggage. I know it sounds crazy, i drove last year, this year flying down in 2 weeks. If i wash the roots off and take a couple of waste basket bags to rap it up if it will harm it? Last year i brought a 1 gallon back (Amber Sweet) got 3 large...
  8. M

Start Orange Tree

I Have a Amber Sweet Orange Tree Growing in a Container, just wondering if i can start a new Orange Tree by taking a Cutting off the Tree? will it work? Bear Fruit? or have to be Grafted on Rooted Stock?
  9. M

Starting Annual Seeds schedule for up coming Growing Season

Does anyone know the schedule for starting Seeds, Flower, Vegetables etc. I live in Michigan, have a wonderful Four Seasons Sunroom for Starting Seeds. 6+ Hours of Sunlight will be increasing with the longer Days. Last Year i Planted Tomatoes to early, got to big for my Planting Date of Last...
  10. M

Citrus Fertilizer

What is a good balanced Fertilizer for my container Grown Orange Trees?
  11. M

Using Styrofoam in Potting Soil for Drainage

Thanks!! I will be shredding Styrofoam in my spare time. I been using Bacto Professional Mix for several Years with great results, but the last batch i got seemed to be really heavy, not very good drainage, not sure what happened to their Mix, maybe i got a bad batch.
  12. M

Using Styrofoam in Potting Soil for Drainage

I have a huge Sheet in my Garage. Would have to break it up for the Potting Soil. It's Cheap, it it Safe for Plants?
  13. M

Small Pointsettia Flowers

I saved my Pointsettia Plants, cut them back and out they go when the Weather permits, they got HUGE this last Summer, the only problem is the Flowers are small compaired to the ones in the Stores, has excellent color (RED) only the Flowers are Small. is there any tricks that i am not doing...
  14. M

Seeds from Poinsettias

Do you have any idea why my Poinsettia Flowers are smaller compaired to last year? The Red color is great! I saved this Plant from last year brought it back in from outside all last summer growed HUGE!!!! The ones in the stores have big flowers but mine dosen't. is there something i am doing wrong?
  15. M

Stock Cuttings Annuals

What are some Annuanals to save, overwinter for Stock Cuttings for next Spring. Geraniums, Vinca, are easy to Root for more Plants, are there other Annuanals that are easy to Root.
  16. M

No Flowering Hydrangea

Pine Needles Hydrangeas love acidic Soil, what about Pine Needles?, i have Tons in my back yard.
  17. M

Spider Mites

Here we go ......... I have a Fern, in the middle a few Impatients growing from seed are all Webed with Spider Mites, i broke off all the Impatients thru them out ! Where do they come from ? Never was outside, What is the best way to get rid of these destructive Crittrers !!!! Ivory soap...
  18. M

Rose cuttings growing

Yey, there is growth starting to show where the Leaf nodes are! Took quite awhile. Yey, Any ideas how to get them thru the winter in MI? Have a nice SUNNY SUN ROOM, gets all the South Sun, and repotting, i know they will have a delicate Root system. Any ideas out there!
  19. M

Winterizing Roses

I live in Michigan, what is the best way to get my Roses for Winter? I am not cutting anymore, let them harden up. the only thing with the crazy Hot Summer is they are 6ft high! i never had them grow this well. Not even a powerdy Mildue or black spot problem, first time ever! Can i cut the...
  20. M

No Flowering Hydrangea

My one on the East side of the House gets the Morning Sun the other afternoon Sun. Yes it is the big leaf variety that is supposed to flower all summer long. The one on the East side of the House has a Funny color to it.I even put some triple 19 fretilizer on it, no change, it is nice and big...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back