I need help with my squash and cucumbers

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

What the rain didn't kill off the heat will. I hand watered last night each and every plant. We are on super strict water rationing. So no sprinklers , it was too late to hook up the soakers so I just spent some time doing the watering. I have peppers again a few of them rebounded and the new ones really look good. I do have squash that came up after the rains and I have 5 yellows. Maybe 10 tomatoes left trying to grow and ripen . I did plant new ones this week too.
Found some cukes I didn't plant hiding under the spaghetti squash, they look like watermelons they got so big. Hope they taste ok.

Sounds like it is going pretty good, considering! Good for you! I picked 3 cucumebers, 1 squash, and 8 tomatoes this morning.

I have had so many Dixie Lee this year already that I am just picking and giving away. They are the one thing that didn't die from all the rain! I have to send Mainegal some Dixie Lees she will love them.

would love to try some, have never heard of them before

my peas are coming back from being eaten by the woodchuck, i might get a few pods to munch on

I didn't plant Purple Hulls this year Dale. I should have, don't know what I was thinking! I should be picking again tomarrow or Friday. Do you put snaps in with your peas? I like to do that..about 3/4 peas and 1/4 snaps.

I like about half snaps and half shelled. The Pink Eyed Purple hull peas are good but Dixie Lee is my favoroite. I want be picking peas for another week or so.

Laurie, I am at work and the peas are in my purse. I don't have you addy with me if you PM me they will go out today!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back