Please pray for Randy

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

There was a log book that came with the monitor, but from the descriptions of what they were interested in they didn't seem to apply to me. It is when I lie down that the heart rate goes down into the region to cause concern, about 35 beats per minute.

The grandkids are on their last jar of strawberry jam and there are three jars remaining of the Marionberry jam. It isn't likely I will ever have another year where I did over 200 jars of jam. I'm not so sure the women of the house will allow me to even attempt it.

That's great news Janet!
It must be such a relief to know you are cancer free!
Money is always an stressful necessity, hope you get it sorted out!
You could use a lawyer to speed things along!

Randy, Not only do we know you enjoy your jam sessions, we also enjoy them ;) but we would much rather have you than jam :D So easy does it.

Janet,
Yippy!

I didn't do well last year as I didn't pick any berries at all. My intentions are to do some picking this year, but I'll just have to wait and see. My granddaughter said she would like to pick berries with me, but it isn't likely to happen. She works a five-day work schedule which leaves only Saturday and Sunday for other activities. She also has a boy friend. I am sure that if I wait for her to have available time, the berries will all be gone. But I appreciate her desire to pick with me.

I'm new here and just found this thread! I'm so touched by how you all care for Randy and your faith in God to heal him is shared openly here. Randy I hope you get well and a get the care you need. I will add you to my prayers as well. God bless you all, Chris

I'm new here and just found this thread! I'm so touched by how you all care for Randy and your faith in God to heal him is shared openly here. Randy I hope you get well and a get the care you need. I will add you to my prayers as well. God bless you all, Chris

Chris,
We also have a "prayer request" thread. I hope the fact it isn't being used a lot right now is a good thing ;)
Please feel free to join in , in all our threads.

I didn't do well last year as I didn't pick any berries at all. My intentions are to do some picking this year, but I'll just have to wait and see. My granddaughter said she would like to pick berries with me, but it isn't likely to happen. She works a five-day work schedule which leaves only Saturday and Sunday for other activities. She also has a boy friend. I am sure that if I wait for her to have available time, the berries will all be gone. But I appreciate her desire to pick with me.

She may surprise you. ;) How old is she? Working and balancing family & social life can be a tricky thing.

Randy is an institution who has shared many things (words of wisdom, happiness, & jam) with many people. There are others on here who are irreplacable (I think that's spelled wrong). Some of us have been together for years. My husband yells about Garden Forums and of course, I don't listen. Wombat's in Australia. Randy is in Oregon. MaineGal is in Maine. CrabberGirl is in Florida.SandiB. is in Ohio, and Jade is in Pennsylvania. Lyn is in Texas. We share our happinesses and our sadnesses. This is my universal support system. I hope you enjoy this forum as much as we do. (Some of us are goofballs :) and ask too many questions. Right Ron? :) ) Please enjoy us,SoCal. This advertisement was sponsored by Bob. :) Curbie

Last edited:
Thank you, Chris, and welcome to the forum. Some of us have known each other for a long time, but new friends are always welcome. I was in the greenhouse a couple of days ago and opened a log book that I keep out there. In the back of it was a note from Crabber written in 2003. I had to read it again and it was nice to know that Crabber is still part of our circle of friends.

I should be hearing any time from the cardiologist. If I don't hear by tomorrow, I will go by the office and at least let the office staff that I am waiting.

Randy, I pray that you receive good news tomorrow. You know your grandaughter could suprise you and find time in her schedule to help you. Mine suprised me when she offered to help me. Good luck when you see your Dr.

another prayer for Randy coming from up here in Canada!
Ron, yes sometimes these things do need legal help, and we have a very highly respected doctor who has already said he would be pleased to testify if needed, but I pray hard it does not have to come to that. I have about 1/10th the energy I did before and the thought of appeals and legal tribunals makes me want to go to bed and never get up. But we will do it if we have to :( We have been through the very worst that life has to give and we are still here to complain about it. Thanks all for the encouragement!

Maggie, I'll bear that in mind and at least offer the opportunity. When we first moved here almost 13 years ago, Fiona would take the kids berry picking and I would go along. Alec was really small back then and he would find a berry and pick it and then take it to Fiona for approval, then go look for another one. The girls were older though and excellent pickers. Fiona would make freezer jam from the berries they picked and I would make canned/bottled jam that didn't require refrigeration. After a few years though, Fiona's schedule became more cluttered and eventually she stopped the berry picking trips. Last season was the first one that got by me without picking berries at all. It really is fun though when the grandkids are there picking as they are a hoot to be around.

Young Randy I was just wondering....Marionberry canes are being offered for sale here for the first time and through a bit of research ( I had no idea what they were lol ) I learned it's a type of blackberry developed in your home state. It's supposed to be superior to the common blackberry. I'm considering getting one but would like your opinion on whether the "superiority" is true or not. I'm still not sure it would grow here either due to my climate considerations, but I can grow boysenberries and one type of raspberry that thrives. Take care there young fella.:)

Young Randy I was just wondering....Marionberry canes are being offered for sale here for the first time and through a bit of research ( I had no idea what they were lol ) I learned it's a type of blackberry developed in your home state. It's supposed to be superior to the common blackberry. I'm considering getting one but would like your opinion on whether the "superiority" is true or not. I'm still not sure it would grow here either due to my climate considerations, but I can grow boysenberries and one type of raspberry that thrives. Take care there young fella.:)

Oh I am jealous!! I keep thinking every trip we take through Oregon I should just stop and dig one up. but bringing it back across the border could net me some jail time :( so I don't. but I sure do want to!
I was lucky enough to recieve some Marionberry jam from Randy a few years ago and it certainly was delicious. We make blackberry jelly from our own blackberries and I think Randy's was better. I can however stop and buy the jelly or jam and I do. Also every restaurant we stop for breakfast has the little packs of marionberry jam so I always pocket a few extra of those :eek::D I would for sure give it a try if I had the chance! I'm going to check with my local garden center and see if they can get them here too. We will have a huge crop of our own blackberries this year,the weather has been really good for them.

Hi guys---havn't been here for a while---and look what happens!!

Randy---hope everything turns out ok with the "monitor". But whatever the results I know you will be fine!! "If God be for you, who(or what) can be against you??" Love you & am praying for you.

Janet--So glad your news is good!!
You're right--it is an awesome prayer group here!

I'd put the plant in my suitcase! :) "Do you have anything to declare?" I declare my husband is stupid. When MTM and I travel, we always take extra suitcases and shovel b/c I'm always digging up something. "You already have one of those". "Not the same." :) Curbie

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back