The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I've got to ask
What are cornhole boards????
I'm going to try to get back to the forum this weekend to get caught up. Returned to work yesterday after being out for 7 weeks and I'm wiped once I get home. Not into the swing of working again.....

Prettylady, it's been awhile..good to see ya! I want to know what corn hole boards are too??? Do you have a pic???

I know you are asking PrettyLady...but I gotta say something about cornhole boards. I crack up every time we get this reaction...I am amazed that it's a game only played in certain regions!! She'll have pics, I think (if she got her camera fixed or a new one) but in the meantime, the game is played by tossing beanbags (oK CORNbags) from one end of a playing field toward a slanted board with a hole in it at the other end. I'm going to stop there and let Peg hop in with more, but that's a quick answer.

Laurie glad you have gotten well enough to get back to work...take care of yourself gal...breaking back into work is a job in itself....
I do have pics of the first set of cornhole boards I made...will see if i can find pic of them... It seems this is the game thats in around here...and the neat thing for me is i am the only one making them...
Treeman...hello...good to see you...
Peggy

Attachments

• HPIM1977a.jpg
    HPIM1977a.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 309
  • HPIM1978.jpg
    HPIM1978.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 327
Glad you are better enough to go back to work, Laurie! Take it easy.

Hi Treeman!!

Cornhole is hot around me. Everybody plays. Bars have tournaments. They even made a movie about it...The Cornhole Movie...haha!! Kinda replaces horseshoes.

I'll have to admit that I knew nothing of Corn Hole until I moved up here. We play it at church functions all the time. The first time someone asked me if I wanted to play "corn hole" I about died! I asked if that was legal! :eek:

It looks like corn hole is like bean bag toss bud the board with the hole is laying down instead of standing up. It looks like the same principle.

WWW.PLAYCORNHOLE.ORG
This is where i got the plans to make those.. and the instructions to play also...
My son plays in tournaments all the time
The ones here are a competition set...Chevy/Ford set...

Hello Lynn good to see you..

I also make washer boards...they have five holes in those...with the middle hole counting 5 pts...then from top left it counts 1 pt.....top right 2 pts..etc...

Nat you are too funny gal... LOL ....it does sound a little illegal doesn't it...

I am going to attempt to get the Christmas tree out of the attic today and do a little decorating..

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend...
Peggy

Cornhole is really fun because you can knock your opponents bag off the board, as you alternate turns...just when they thought they had you beat...Muuuuuhahahahahaa!

About an inch of snow and blustery winds here this morning. 2 huge fox squirrels are competing for the acorns buried in my back yard...good year for them critters!!

Later today I will be the appointed Chinese food getter...CabinGirls are having a playdate!! Gosh, I hope we never grow up!! We're going to Cath's to play adventure games on her new Nintendo Wii. Or more precisely, we are going to laugh and point at each other TRYing to play.

I don't want to decorate yet. I have done some shopping and am happy with choices of gifts, but can't seem to really get in the spirit. Seems like a lot of work getting the decorations out whereas I used to get all revved up.

Have a great day, everyone.

hey all...the Cornhole boards look like the kinds game aorund here...toss across...no hole though ...it is more of a tic tack toe board where you try to turn three in a row...like the boards oyu make peggy...you have a cornor market ...this is good..

I just had a long post written and something happend. I hit my keyboard and it erased it all...Will have to retype it later. Want to say thanks to the gals for the info on the cornboards and to gals and Wes for wishing me well going back to work. It's been a zoo at work. Tomorrow is a 1/2 day then we all going bowling for the afternoon and have food., They rent the bowling alley. Work Mon and Tues next week then on vac for 3 days, then work mon-wed ony the week of christmas and new yrs. We are having an ice storm, sure love driving in the ice, it was slippery on the way to and from work and can't wait for the drive in the am. Expecting lots of power outages due to the ice. Guess I had better fill the tub up with water. No Power No Water. Love the remote starter on my truck so I don't have to scrap the ice off the windows. Don't think I could do it anyways with my arms.
Can't wait to read more stories. Will try to get caught up on here this weekend and retype my reply again

Laurie, I wish you electric!

Sun is shining here today...mid 40"s today and this weekend.

And I hit X and lost a whole page about the slip n slide. I'm an idiot and I am pouting. And don't have time to re-do it right now. But I will.

Great day to'all...!!

good morning to you all...Feel bad for you both not having your post showing up...Look forward to the slip and slid story;)

Good mid morning...Gloria it sure is wonderful to see you...
Veg yep i do have the market on those around here and have made many and have many more orders...
I don't mind making the boards...don't care much for cuttig, sewing , filling the bags...
Laurie be safe and hope the power stays on for you...
Hey Shiney, hope you and the Cabin Gals had a good time on your playdate..
Tell them all hello for me...Please!!!!!!
Peggy

Good Morning Bluegrass Bunnch...

Hope you are alll doing well.
Had my granddaughters home with me yesterday and they are on two hour delay this morning.......glad we didn't get the snow on top of all the freezing rain.. I know the girls have to learn to drive on that stuff eventually....guess i am a bit over protective.
The girls have been a huge help and I am very grateful...

The Holiday rush is upon me and I've been living off a list so i don't forget what I am doing and don't get frantic...

Love ya all..
Peggy

Morning....What fun for you Peggy ...love the grandkids...Glad they and you had a good time yesterday

So what's everyone up to these days? I'm assuming family and holiday cheer!
Just a quick update on me and my doings ...
Heard at work that our trip to India is getting moved back by a few months. At first this may sound good ... but it is because they are going to train twice as many as originally planned. I don't know what to think of that yet.
I have all of my Christmas shopping finished and most of "Granny's" Christmas shopping finished for the kids. My Mom and my brother and his family will be staying with us the weekend following Christams.
I recently lost a family friend. His funeral was Tuesday. It was in Ky and I didn't have any more time to take off work so I couldn't make it. :( Please keep the Haynes family in your prayers through the holidays. It is always hard to loose a loved one but especially hard to go through during a time of year when family togetherness is so prevalent. I'm glad I stopped by to see them when I went down for Thanksgiving.
My Youth choir at church has done very well lately. We've even got a few "shout outs" from the congregation the last few times they sang! I'm teaching them how to sing harmony now and they are doing very well. Some of the older ones are in choir in school so that helps.
Our church and our combined choirs will be visiting a local assisted living facility this Saturday to perform our Christmas contata, as well as a puppet performance and hand chimes by the youth. I'm looking forward to it!
I'm also looking forward to the peace and quiet that the after holiday times bring ... and looking through the mountain of seed catalogs!! :D
I hope this finds everyone healthy and happy ...
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all! :):)

I'm not from Kentucky either, but I have been there, albeit briefly. I had to go back o page one though and read through all the postings. I had a dog experience a long time ago when I had a paper route. I was probably 15 or 16 years old. There was a dog on my route that would wait in ambush until I went by, then he would charge out and try and bite me. I got tired of it and one day, I was ready for him. I didn't look back until I knew he was coming close and I had a pretty large rock that I heaved down at him. I hit him square on the top of the head. He fell over and rolled onto his back and his legs were just quivering. I thought I had killed him. But the next day, I saw he was alive, but he wouldn't get anywhere near me either.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back