The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Randy I am on last miniute things...my nephew brought me cured new leather hide...cut it into nice size strips and attached to sides of cornhole boards for handles to carry easily...only have two more boards to do...
Pies are made here also..candy made, stockings are ready to be filled..
Today going to prepare all dishes that need baking... make potato salad, and baked beans...
Cliff asked for oyster casserole so i am preparing that today and will bake tomorrow....also want to make spinach dip up for the mi Hawaiian bread..I cut a hole in the middle of the braead and put dip in the middle...
Cliff calls me the war department also Randy as well as yes em boss... I don't like that..definitely not war department or the boss....don't even wanna be..
Peggy

Today before work I went and picked up a few last minute things for my DIL. She is so sweet and I always feel I don't get enough for her and then I end up over doing it. Wrapping is the thing I had to work on. With my back the way it is I can't stand very long or sit on the floor. I try and use the dinning table or my ironing board but the standing kills me. So it takes me forever.
I did the major cooking for Thanksgiving so we are just having a standing rib mashed potatoes and salad for Christmas. Anyone wants anything else they are welcome to come make it but I am not stressing about dinner.
Prettylady,
How do you make your qyser cassarole? I made oyster stew for dinner last night but I am always looking for a new dish.

There were some kids over here yesterday from the university. They are having trouble getting flights out of Portland to get home. Anyway, bored college kids eat a lot of cookies. My granddaughter moved the cookie jar I had full into the living room for all to dip in to. I might have to do another cookie session, but my wife probably won't let me in the kitchen until she is finished with Christmas dinner. I d have to make some sourdough biscuits though as she is counting on those for the dinner.

Gosh Cabber don't know that I have a recipe but I can tell ya the basics of how i make it....
2 cans of whole oysters
2 cups of crushed crackers
1 cup heavy cream
maybe a 1/4 cup of flour
salt & pepper to taste
grate fresh parmesean on top
bake @ 350° for 45 minutes

Hope everyone had wonderful holidays....it was wonderful here.
I have to say I am ready for a break today....
I don't believe I have taken the time in the last 4-5 days to even sit and have a whole cup of coffee....doing that now...
Peggy

Nobody cooked anything around here yesterday. There are too many leftovers. I am going to snag some of the turkey today though and set it aside to make some white chili next week. I set three pies out on Christmas day and all three were tapped, but there is still a lot of pie left. I wish some of those college boys would stop by. That would clear the leftovers pretty quickly.

Yeah Randy those college kids would put the hurt on the leftovers!!! How about posting your white chili recipe please.

Well, howdy. I've been Christmassing here so much that I haven't been able to gt back to do much visitig. Middle son came on Christmas day with his family and that is always a blessing. Christmas Eve we went over to Fritz's daughters house and his son is here from Hawaii, so that was extra special. Yesterday Ralph and Pam (from Hawaii) came here and visited a bit and we took them out to eat at Red Lobster. They're building a house in Hilo and don't allow themselves many luxuries right now, and were very delightfully stuffed with good seafood when we left there. They were both still having a bit of jet lag, and left after they brought us back to the house. First thing I noticed when we walked inside was the answering machine blinking. Message from my daughter-in-laws mother telling us they were going to be at karaoke down the street from us at our little local bar, so after hmmmmmming and hawing for a few minutes we decided to go join them. Had a nice relaxing evening and have just been goofing off at home all day today. It's drizzling and a good day to goof off.
Monday Fritz has physical therapy and as soon as he's through there, we're going to load a small suitcase in he car and drive to my sisters house 100 miles away, visit awhile, sleep over at here house and then drive on to my youngest sons house (about 50 more miles) on Tuesday morning to have Chrismas with them. Hang around for a few extra hugs and then head home again so Fritz can get up in time to go to physical therapy again on Wed. morning. Then get all dolled up (yeah sure) and go to Goliad to join friends for a New Years dance/party.
Believe me when I say that by then, Iwill be hoping for a few days to sit out in the swing with my notebook and draw little sketches of what I want where in the garden, wander out there and pull a few stray weeds, and daydream a little.

Shine, sure enjoy your storytelling about those dogs. I'll remember them everytime I'm riding my bike down the road here and see a dog!!! My daddy used to say he could never figure out what a dog would do with a bicycle wheel if it ever caught one, but they sure chase everyone I ever rode.

I think ya'll oughta go back to that big water slide and try it. My nephew rented one of the big ones for his anniversary party last year and I went on it.Pretty fun, and no, I don't recall anyone losing their clothes:eek:)

We were able to get out yesterday to go to the drug store. I tried to start my truck and it wouldn't. I have poked at it a bit today and it looks like the starter solenoid or starter itself is kaput. I'm vacillating on whether to try and fix it myself or having it towed into the garage and let the experts do it. If the rains hold off, I will probably try it myself.

Randy what did you do about getting your truck fixed? Inquiring minds want to know.

We had visitors from Idaho today and besides it was raining quite a bit. So the truck still sits over by the arena where I last parked it. Tomorrow is visiting day so I am going to use our van unless MF needs it in the morning. That isn't likely though. But given a reasonably dry day and the time, I will get the front jacked up and take the starter off or the starter switch. I am pretty sure it is the switch and hopefully it will come apart from the starter.

Must be the season for car troubles! I have a wheel bearing going out...youngest had brake cylinder troubles and d-i-l needs a new starter! All in the last day or so.

Hi everyone...I'm working...be back soon to talk.

Must be the season for car troubles! I have a wheel bearing going out...youngest had brake cylinder troubles and d-i-l needs a new starter! All in the last day or so.

Hi everyone...I'm working...be back soon to talk.

As the saying goes, "When it rains it pours!".

Awe I lost all I wrote...hit wrong key I suppose...

Randy the oysters left whole doesn't make it crunchy but I found it to be a little dry so I added the broth off the oysters... Cliff loved it...I prefer oysters on the half shell, fried oysters, or oyster stew...

White chili doesnt't hit my taste buds at all but I guess that is what makes us all individuals...

Vehicle problems stink...Cliffs heater quit working on his truck yesterday...I will check that out for him today after i get back from the Doctor...

Deb I have been wonderin about you...I'll call when i get back home today...
Had a wonderful phone call from Maribeth...she is a wonderful spirit..

Have had a house full of folks except for a few days.. Nephew and his wife are in now...

We had gobs of left overs also...i took lots to Angel Kitchen for less fortunate......only allowed myself to have one slice of anything sweet...had to have a slice of tropical coconut pie... I savored every lil bite....
It sure was hard not trying out all the candy and cookies I made...

It reached 74° Sunday and come sunday evening we had a storm with 60mph winds----presently 30 this morning...supposed to be in the 50s today...
We get lots of tornadoes around here...

Til later....take care and be safe...

Peggy

Morning all...finally have internet back...Hey Randy let Mike know if you want a pair of hands to help you out with the truck...he would be thrilled to help out

Randy the oysters left whole doesn't make it crunchy but I found it to be a little dry so I added the broth off the oysters... Cliff loved it...I prefer oysters on the half shell, fried oysters, or oyster stew...

White chili doesnt't hit my taste buds at all but I guess that is what makes us all individuals...

Vehicle problems stink...Cliffs heater quit working on his truck yesterday...I will check that out for him today after i get back from the Doctor...

Have had a house full of folks except for a few days.. Nephew and his wife are in now...

We had gobs of left overs also...i took lots to Angel Kitchen for less fortunate......only allowed myself to have one slice of anything sweet...had to have a slice of tropical coconut pie... I savored every lil bite....

It reached 74° Sunday and come sunday evening we had a storm with 60mph winds----presently 30 this morning...supposed to be in the 50s today...

Peggy
Peggy that tropical coconut pie sounds yummy. Do you have a recipe you can share with us?

Peggy, I made the white chili for the family awhile back and it got "thumbs up" from them. It is certainly different from real chili though. My brother was teasing me and told me it wasn't chili without chili powder. Course he makes a pretty mean pot of chili too.

Deb, I worked on the truck today long enough to figure out the starter and start switch are both okay, but there is a circuit that feeds the start switch that is an open circuit, so I'm going to have it towed over to the local garage here on Friday. I appreciate the offer though. That poor guy works hard enough without having to worry about my truck.

Peggy

Thanks Peggy.........it was great talking with you.............:)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back